4GB U3 Titanium Memory Stick totally gone

When I stick my Sandisk U3 USB memory stick into my computer, I get two new drives that come up. One says it’s a CD drive, and the other will show a disk drive, but when I click on it, it says there is no media in the drive. I can’t format it, I can’t get anything on it to work. My son put his school project on it just yesterday, and when he went to school, it just didn’t work anymore. I did notice last night, when I put the file on the memory stick, it was showing a CD drive at that time, which I thought was strange, but it worked, so I didn’t mess with it.

This is nuts. I have hated that U3 thing since it came out. I have never had it work, EVER, and at the time I bought this drive, just about all the Sandisk drives came with it on them, and I always figured that a fix would come out, so I bought it anyway. Now, I wouldn’t buy a U3 drive to save my life.

Anyway, is there ANYTHING I can do to reformat my memory stick to work or is it basically toast now? I don’t know what to do but I remember I paid close to $30 when I bought this thing because it was the titanium metal version that I thought would last a while, but I was wrong I guess. Can anybody here help me or do I just not buy Sandisk stuff anymore because I can’t rely on it?

Hi,

You can remove the U3 by referring to this link: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2550 . Please make sure that all the data is backed up because this step would format the flash drive.

If your son took the stick to school it’s very possible something at the school infected it and your pc’s security is preventing access to it.

And if you buy a shirt that’s too small do you keep it and hope it will get bigger or do you complain about the store and avoid it for future purchases??