16GB Cruzer USB unable to make drive writable

Looks like my reply was deleted or never got posted for some reason. Anyway, the links provided weren’t helpful (for obvious reasons) and the device turned out to be a brick. Even Linux couldn’t make heads or tails out of it. The suggestion that I try to see if it was write protected wasn’t helpful - I’m an expert Windows user, I was using the disk management plugin so file systems and permissions had absolutely nothing to do with the issue. From Disk Manager I should have been able to delete the file system/partition or whatever I chose to do, but I had no permissions at all. I exchanged it for a new one and this one works - sort of. No way I’d ever trust any important data to it but it will do (for now) for transporting copies of data. SanDisk really seems to have gone downwhill :frowning: The last 3 devices I’ve purchased from them have been bricks, and one (an old V-Mate that set me back $100) never worked at all and I never got a single response to multiple tech support requests on it. I think this Cruzer will be my last SanDisk device, they don’t have the quality they did when I was buying fistfuls of CF their cards (which still work just fine after all these years)