128 GB flash drive recognized as 32 GB Flash Drive

I bought a 128GB flash drive the other day and when I put it in my computer, it states it is a 32 gb drive. What can I do?

Sounds like a counterfeit.  Return it to the seller.

1 Like

That would be my 1st thought as well . . .

where did you buy it?if ebay then probaly u can get full refund and maybe even keep flash drive if you are lucky??

This happens a lot of time. There are various reasons for this. If the flash drive is damaged or you haven’t bought the flash drive from a trusted seller. I bought the same Sandisk 128gb flash drive which i had bought online from VPLAK at a much reasonable price compared to other websites selling the same product.

https://www.vplak.com/?searchKey=128+gb+pen+drive&getProduct=true

There are various reasons for this. If the flash drive is damaged or you haven’t bought the flash drive from a trusted seller. I bought the same Sandisk 128gb flash drive which i had bought online from Mozelo at a much reasonable price compared to other websites selling the same product and 100% Original Product.

Buy Best Deal Memory Cards @ mozelo

Liar & Spammer! :angry:

im having the EXACT same problem, i have purchased a 128gb stick from pc world it was fine until i formated it, and now its stuck at 32gig

there is clearly a serious issue with these sticks and it seems no one here has an answer

follow these steps, 

and i have fixed the problem, this guru guy here clearly doesnt know anything!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-npT5FxBOJk

calling people liars when this is a clear issue is just signs of someone who doesnt know anything.

People using the forum to sell their products are not posting to help they are posting to make money.  Thus they are not telling the truth.

Flash drives that change size can have a variety of causes.  Counterfeit drive, reformated wrong by the user (FAT32 only supports drives up to 32 GB), partitioned by apps the user is testing, etc.  And if I’m not mistaken the Windows Install app partitions the USB drive to protect the OS software since Windows can only access the 1st partition of removable drives.

So the issue with these flash drives is clearly users who don’t know what they are doing or what the app they are using is doing.

The youtube link you posted is good for fixing partitioned drives just be very careful selecting the Drive to Clean. Diskpart works on the machine’s hard drive also.  :wink:

BTW What did you find was using all your space on your drive?

Hello,

Must b a fake Product. Hope you get a refund your amount.

You can buy it following site those provide 100% Original Product with Replacement Warranty,

SanDisk 128GB Ultra Flair USB 3.0 Pen Drive

Sandisk 128GB Cruzer Blade Pen drive 128 GB

Thanks

$1149!!  Very expensive.

Check if the partition is not allocated. Follow these steps:

1. Click on the windows button and type: “computer management”
  2. expand ‘Storage’ and then click on ‘Disk Management’
  3. Search for your usb and delete the partition that gets shown to you.
  4. Reallocate the entire drive.
1 Like

Probably fake, return to the seller.