Will ReadyCache have a driver for Windows 10?

RedCache:

Damit !!!, sorry to hear that, i really hoped the problem were solved now …

I has not tried it yet, i was going to try Slotmonstas multi install after work today.

Now i have PrimoCache installed, and it works almost fine, but i have the same problem

as you have now, it resets almost every time i boot from cold and the cache has to build op from scratch

i really dont hope it is a Windows 10 problem with cache.

For me a cold boot takes over 2½ min. with the cache working 35 sec. so what a difference.

@mrl wrote:

Slotmonsta - your link dosn’t work …

Link has been updated. The instructions are stickied at the top of this board as well. 

Thanks 

RedCache,

What do you refer as cold boot?

1. Use Windows menu->power->shut down                   —> the cache should not reset.

2. Press the power button until the system shuts down  —> the cache will definitly reset.

About the registry key:

Like I told you,  if the registry key is reset by Windows to a wrong value, it will create issues with the app and the drivers.

Here is what I would do at this point:

Plug the drive to a different system and see how the registry looks like.

- If the registry key is correct, it means that your Windows 10 version or instance is changing the value.

- If the registry key is also wrong, you should ask SanDisk to exchange that drive.

@georgealon By cold boot I meant pc shut down then booted (as opposed to using restart option from menu).

I don’t have another system. No way to test it out.

In that case the cache will reset because it is not a normal or gracefull shut down. The cache will be corrupted if the system shuts down without notice.

Why is it not a graceful shutdown?

May be I wasn’t clear enough.

Cold boot meant - using shut down from start menu. Then booting.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon, 4 more days and a whole lot of people are going to be upgrading all at once…

@georgealon Subverted cache reset by disabling fast startup in power options in windows.

Cache is retained in cold boot. But system is much slower.

Boot speed isn’t all that improved. I can see some improvement. But its slower than it was on win7.

Can it be checked if EC is actually working as intended on win10?

With fast startup enabled bootup was faster. But EC needs to be modified to retain cache.

I hope they are aware (and motivated to deliver a fix) of it.

I am sure that SanDisk are working hard on getting the Windows 10 issues resolved. Once they get a fix from Condusiv they will have to do a lot of internal testing to ensure that the solution doesn’t break anything else.

Regards

Infinidim  :smiley:

Some positive feedback :laughing: the manual method posted in the sticky thread at the top of this forum did work for me, although I ended up being prompted to uninstal twice in a row after changing the service to manual.   Once installed the cache did take several reboots before statring to fill at a ‘normal’ rate but seems to be working fine now.

@wetnap wrote:

Hopefully this gets resolved soon, 4 more days and a whole lot of people are going to be upgrading all at once…

The Windows 10 update has been packed so anyone upgrading for the first time will not run into this issue. 

If you have upgraded prior to the Windows 10 patch try the manual uninstall instructions below.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-ReadyCache-SSD/ExpressCache-is-no-longer-working-after-updating-to-Windows-10/td-p/342053 

Link is broken

Good news!

I’m pleased to say I bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10 today and I have 7GB of cache and my PC seems just as responsive as it did under Windows 7.

Of course, this doesn’t help anyone who is stuck in Windows 10 with a non-working ReadyCache.

I had previously tried to get RC working in Windows 10 by installing/reinstalling & registry cleanup etc but in the end reverted back to Windows 7 using Windows 10’s “Go back to Windows 7” option until a fix was reported to be ready.  This might be a route for some of you to consider.

Sandisk - shame you didn’t test with the Windows 10 before the release date so we didn’t have to go through this - but well done on getting a working fix out now.

I have a problem with my Ready Cache SSD. I can not play Gefixte Software Express Cache for Windows 10th Because in Device Manager is to SSD under Ergebisse: The unit “SCSI \ Disk & Ven_SanDis_ & Prod_SDSSDRC032G \ 4 & 118795f3 & 0 & 000000” could not be migrated. Thus, the software does not find namely the SSD. My question is how I can in the Regedit for the device “SCSI \ Disk & Ven_SanDis_ & Prod_SDSSDRC032G \ 4 & 118795f3 & 0 & 000000” shall be migrated? After update until now I have the Sandisk Ready cache used with Intel® Smart Response Technology, as the Software Express Cache until recently not 10 running under Windows. Now there is a fix for the software. Only the Software Express Cache can not be installed because the can not find the SSD and I think that at Intel SSD Cache Intel® Smart Response Technology use in the Regedit what has bent flat. Therefore, the device can “SCSI \ Disk & Ven_SanDis_ & Prod_SDSSDRC032G \ 4 & 118795f3 & 0 & 000000” could not be migrated. The Intel® Smart Response Technology, I have planned only as a temporary stopgap. But the software Express Cache caches all HDs in system no matter which controller hanging. While the Intel® Smart Response Technology, only the boat caches Raid 0 drive. I have two HD’s as Raid 0, a HD 3 TB as a data HD and HD for backups. Thus, the Software Express Cache is much better in the function in connection with my Sandisk SSD Cache Ready. I want to save my Sytem themself. So I want that fixed on the Regedit. I just do not know where I put there because He has value SCSI \ Disk & Ven_SanDis_ & Prod_SDSSDRC032G \ 4 & 118795f3 & 0 & 000000 the SSD is migrated.

Here is a working link.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-ReadyCache-SSD/ExpressCache-is-no-longer-working-after-updating-to-Windows-10/m-p/342183

The manual fix works for me! Hooray! There’s no excuse for a fix or an update not being available in time for the windows 10 release though.

I have been working with SanDisk support and they have now got my ReadyCache working through some manual processes that they got me to perform.

I am also maonitoring the performance of ReadyCache to make sure that it has not broken anything else in Windows 10.

Currently things are working well thanks to the SanDisk support team.

I am sure that they will release soon a tool to fix the issues that many people have seen with ReadyCache since the update to Windows 10.

Regards

Infinidim :smiley:

1 Like

@infinidim & others with a working set up. I am curious to find out how its working out.

My EC setup seems to be working. Cache fills up. I see speed changes in apps.

But I am not so satisfied with boot speed.

There are two stages to boot up. First with the windows logo and circling dots. Then enter password to get to desktop when you also have circling dots. I am gauging bootup speed based on number of complete cycles of the dots on both stages. (A complete cycle = 2 cycles of the dots when the dots disappear before reappearing. Reappearance is the start of the next complete cycle).

–First stage takes two and a half complete cycles (Dots circling around five times+) (Doesn’t feel like EC is working fully)

–Second stage takes around one complete cycle. At this tage EC seems to be working as I am jumping straight to desktop skipping an additional blank screen which was a third phase before EC started working.

How many complete cycles of the dots are you seeing with EC?

My upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 deluxe home 64 on a HP desktop with a 32GB Sandisk ReadyCache SSD worked flawlessly. First before I started the Windows upgrade I uninstalled the readycache software & driver. Second ran the upgrade to Windows 10. After the upgrade was complete I installed ReadyCache ver. 1.3.2 and every thing works as it should. I have been folowing this forum after my first attempt at the Windows 10 failed to work with ReadyCache and I went back to Windows 7 using a disk image that I made before the upgrade. I used EaseUS todo backup free to make a disk image. As for performance I see a definate improvement by using the cache. I hope that Sandisk will optimize the driver for Windows 10 sometime soon, but for now I am satisfied. With the prices of SSD disks falling I am planning to purchace one and the cache ssd will be no longer matter. 

@redcache wrote:

@infinidim & others with a working set up. I am curious to find out how its working out.

My EC setup seems to be working. Cache fills up. I see speed changes in apps.

But I am not so satisfied with boot speed.

There are two stages to boot up. First with the windows logo and circling dots. Then enter password to get to desktop when you also have circling dots. I am gauging bootup speed based on number of complete cycles of the dots on both stages. (A complete cycle = 2 cycles of the dots when the dots disappear before reappearing. Reappearance is the start of the next complete cycle).

–First stage takes two and a half complete cycles (Dots circling around five times+) (Doesn’t feel like EC is working fully)

–Second stage takes around one complete cycle. At this tage EC seems to be working as I am jumping straight to desktop skipping an additional blank screen which was a third phase before EC started working.

How many complete cycles of the dots are you seeing with EC?

RedCache,

I am seeing very similiar things to you in boot speed.

I do have to say that the apps are running faster and also some of the operating system oprions as well  - Store is almost

instantaneous, Settings the same, Excel and Word are also very fast as well, Outlook is a bit slower but faster than not having ReadyCache working (think that is because of the loading of the “addins”.

Hope this helps

Infinidim  :smiley: