Will ReadyCache have a driver for Windows 10?

Thank Slotmonsta for the news! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update slotmonsta.

But end of the month? How is this tool not made in “a day or two.”

Why doesn’t Sandisk have a proper muscle arm over Condusiv to push them to get things done?

Seems like Condusiv is left to do thingson their own schedule. They obviously need motivation and

proper supervision. Sandisk could use some of the same too.

Bad management from Sandisk side is what it is. Shame.

I think this is one solution. I really dont know if it works, but i am testing it. But: 1- Go to " computer management" , open your explore and choose the " this pc" and after click in “manage” 2- When " Computer management" is open 3- Choose disk management 4- You have to see your SANDISK. 5- Format it, only next, next … 6- After formated, click in “Properties” 7- there is a folder named “READYBOOST” 8- then choose this for "dedicated this device to “readyboost” I think this is the way to turn this on. Regards

@slotmonsta wrote:

I have received additional information regarding the ExpressCache Windows 10 issue. When updating from any version of Windows to Windows 10 some of the core components of ExpressCache are removed. This results in the uninstall issue customers are seeing. The ExpressCache uninstaller is failing to find components it expects to find resulting in a failure of the uninstall. Unfortunately this uninstall failure prevents a reinstall of the ExpressCache software. We are working with Condusiv to create a tool that will reinstall the components that were removed during the Windows 10 update process. We expect to have this tool available by the end of the month. 

If you have not yet upgraded to Windows 10 you can uninstall ExpressCache then upgrade to Windows 10. Once you are running Windows 10 you can install and run ExpressCache normally. Additionally ExpressCache can be installed as expected on a fresh install of Windows 10 since the issue only occurs in the Windows 10 upgrade process. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and again we expect to have a tool that will reinstall the missing components that were lost in the Windows 10 upgrade process by the end of the month. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Forum Admin 

slotmonsta

Thanks for your news but this has been going on since Windows 10 was released and I am sure that the solution won’t fix everybody’s problem that was created because SanDisk becuase they didn’t test this product with Windows 10 before it was released. What will you be doing for those people? Will they have to raise more tickets and wait even longer.

Please make sure that when you have a solution it is well documentred and that you also post what actually has to be removed to make the install work properly so that the more technical people can manually fix it if the Condusiv solution doesn’t work for them.

I am sure that Condusiv will come up with a solution that works - I know the company way back when the original company ( Executive Software ) was formed by Craig Jensen. Executive Software and the company that I was working for at the time were both creating DEC Vax disc software.  Executive Software  ended up with Diskeeper, we ended up selling our product to them. They have some really clever and good people working for them.

Regards

Infinidim

@slotmonsta Any suggestions?

Clean installed windows 10 only to be able to run expresscache. Everything else was working just fine.

EC should work fine, right?

But ExpressCache can’t find ssd.

-Readycache drive is accessible through disk management.

-Tried to install EC with ssd as both unallocated and formatted.

Same error returned on all tries. (I have a screenshot but can’t attach it to the message)

Any ideas?

Total agree with you, Redcache.

The old ExpressCache can be uninstalled after manually terminate the services “ExpressCache” by services.msc via Win+R

I found that ExpressCache 1.3.2 cannot work functionaly as the SSD cannot be found.

I have already followed the instruction from your company website but no use.

Please kiindy provided us a solution. Thanks.

Please understand that we do not want to give your any trouble as I prefer to solve the problem by myself.

FInding solution in website is trouble and time consuming…and my English is not good enough…

Hello, This is my first post to this messageboard and have been following it for a couple days. As you can guess, I am here because of my recent upgrade to win 10 and it’s effect to my beloved readycache ssd. Although I do not offer a solution today, I only wanted to voice my concern to Sandisk so they are aware of the MANY people in this mess. All of these people, along with myself, are patiently waiting for a solution to this problem. Your timely response will be very well received. Thank You… Mr_Potatohead.

I was able to get ExpressCache running on a fresh install of Windows 10. I did get an error when trying to install that the ReadyCache SSD was not detected. I rebooted the machine and then tried installing again and the install finished as expected. 

win 10.jpg

Here is the screen shot.

What configuration should the RC ssd be in? GPT? Dynamic? Unallocated? Formatted? NTFS?

Any clue why keep getting this error?

Expresscache does not support dynamic disks. To install just have the RC SSD unallocated and the Expresscache software should find and format it. 

Did you reboot the machine like slotmonsta suggested?

Rebooted and ssd shows as unallocated. Still getting the same error.

(Also ssd is probably not broken as it can be formatted and drive shows up as normal. Checked for errors. Accessible and functioning. Then deleted volume to get unallocated status.)

Agreed if the SSD can be formatted and is seen by normal windows tools then the SSD is not likely the problem. Is this a full fresh install of Windows 10?

Its a full fresh install (all files deleted, installed from a disk).

Nobody has any clue what is blocking the process?

Unfortunately I dont. I have sent a link to your post over to sandisk support. 

Thanks for sending it.

Please let us know what comes of it.

Losing hope very quickly here.

This is really, really bad. Any update in terms of when there will be an official fix?

I did the Microsoft online upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10.

Everything seems to be running OK, I’ve received no error messages, but ExpressCache no longer appears in Task Manager.

However, when I shut down, it takes a LONG time (>5minutes) for disk activity to stop and the computer to power down.

I’d just like to be able to uninstal Express Cache safely.

There isn’t seem to be any response coming from support.

They are busy convincing upper management that there isn’t any issue anywhere.

Why only the readycache product had to be managed poorly.

Generally sandisk gets good support ratings on everything else.

Why, man!! Why?

HI

My cache is down too after Win10, so i also installed PrimoCache and it almost works fine, my pc now can boot in 35 sec. insted og 2½min. but only if its a reboot ! - when i start on cold it still takes 2½ min. to boot so i seems like its not using my cache when it starts cold, do you have the same problem ?

the issue was described pretty well by slotmonsta. It does not sound to me like support is running or hiding or telling management there is no problem. slotmonsta stated the issue was escalated to the highest level and the issue occurs during Win 10 upgrade only due to components being removed by Windows. slotmonsta also clearly stated they expect a fix to be released by the end of the month so not sure why you think sandisk support is trying to hide the issue. that simply does not make any sense.