Thinking of this product, but afraid of some reviews.

Hi there,

I am thinking about buying the ReadyCache product, but I am reading many negative reviews on Newegg and this forum, particularly about the ExpressCache software version 1.2.1. I would like some feedback on whether or not I should go ahead with the purchase.

BTW -

I’m going to be using it on a HP Win 7 64-bit Desktop with a 1 TB HDD and wish to confirm that it comes with *everything* that I would need, such as the 3.5 ->2.5 inch bracket, screws and cables. What number SATA port should I ideally use?

TIA,

Compumind :slight_smile:

sandisk support states that they are expecting the release of the next version very soon. if you ahve concerns wait on that release and see if any of the issues are resloved. 

1 Like

Hi drlucky,

Thanks for the reply. I will do just that.

Could you please answer the rest of my query, with emphasis of the SATA ports.

I heard that some devices have to be plugged in a certain sequence on the motherboard - any truth to this?

Right now have CD/DVD on one SATA and the HDD on another SATA port.

Mobo specs say - 6x SATA 2.0 connectors (SATA 0 - 1 @ 6 Gb/s, SATA 2 -5 @ 3 Gb/s)

Which one should I choose?

“I’m going to be using it on a HP Win 7 64-bit Desktop (Core i7 3.40 Ghz) with a 1 TB HDD and wish to confirm that it comes with *everything* that I would need, such as the 3.5 ->2.5 inch bracket, screws and cables. What number SATA port should I ideally use?”

Cheers!

Compumind :slight_smile:

yes it comes with a braket, screws, and a cable. it should not matter what sata port you use. if you ahve a sata 3 port use that for best performance. 

1 Like

Hi.

Mobo specs say - 6x SATA 2.0 connectors (SATA 0 - 1 @ 6 Gb/s, SATA 2 -5 @ 3 Gb/s)

Why would I choose the slower SATA? Would the transfer rate suffer?

Thanks!

FYI.

This might help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1737988/matter-sata-ports.html

:slight_smile:

SATA 3 referrs to SATA generation 3 which is 6Gb speed. according to your speecs this would be SATA port 0 or SATA port 1. this is the port you want to use for best performance. 

Great…

Thanks alot!

Hope the new software release is not too far out and well tested by both SanDisk and Condusiv.

I’m actually *very* surprised by both companies. Where is the QA? It has to be totally tested!

Compumind

How long should we wait for the new version? With the 1.2.1 software, the product is useless and unusable! Monatenm since we are waiting for a solution (either 1.2.0 or written back again the new version) but it happens nothing pure. I never buy again even a Sandisk product!

How long should we wait for the new version? With the 1.2.1 software, the product is useless and unusable! For months we have to wait for a solution (either 1.2.0 or written back again the new version) but it happens nothing pure. I never buy again even a Sandisk product!

1 Like

Hi.

I always thought that SanDisk made great products. I’m very surprised.

Why isn’t the older ExpressCache version that works, unavailable.

Is there a SanDsik employee that could comment on the quality of the corrected release and exactly when it will be available?

Are there any other vendors offering a superior product?

Please chime in!

Thanks.

@compumind wrote:

Is there a SanDsik employee that could comment on the quality of the corrected release and exactly when it will be available?

One already has. And told you all he could at this time.

1 Like

@Tapeworm,

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers.

hi

i save up to a ssd …i have som problemes with some software …easeus backup when snapshot is enable it gets so slow work fin on my 2 other computers…folder lock if i surfe with ie10 to a specific webpage win8 bosd a reset expresscache cache so not to stable.

Before ExpressCrash 1.2.1 I would have recommended this product with no concerns.  However, since ExpressCrash 1.2.1  introduced many issues and Sandisk gives no option to roll back to previous stable versions, I would hold off if it were me.  Right now it’s just a broken product and we’re not given any details on when the new version will come out and what issues it will fix.  I’ve unhooked mine from my PC and it seems a lot more stable.  I wish I could return it honestly.

A lot of people are having the constant messages about their cache being dumped and freezing during Windows 7 bootup when the orbs are coming together to make the Windows logo…I’ve also had blue screens coming out of sleep mode just in 1.2.1.

1 Like

I totally agree. Great product before 1.2.1 was released. Lots of performance increases & fast boot (Windows 8).

Since 1.2.1 installed, constant cache reset errors & no performance gains… :frowning:

Is the Update ready yet? :wink:

Sata you choose which device boots in bios, so port selection after that doesn’t matter.

It doesn’t matter if you have slower sata 2 or faster 3, you are talking 300MB/s for even sata 2, and this device only burst reads 400MB sometimes, random writes and reads are much slower, so even if you had to resort to a slower sata socket, it would still be much faster than your regular drive.

As for problem reviews, there will always be problem cases, but you just have to figure that out of the thousands sold, how many are working vs not working, people who don’t have a problem don’t complain;)

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-ReadyCache-SSD/ExpressCache-version-1-3-0-released/td-p/302107

looks like the new version was just released

1 Like

@drlucky,

Great. :smileyvery-happy:

Now I await feedback by everyone. If all OK, I will buy it.

Thanks!