Re: Slow to wake from sleep

I got an answer from SanDisk support:

"The Extreme II SSD is shipped with latest firmware and there is no upgrade needed. The Slow wake-up from low power state is a known issue in the Mac OS 10.9 and it has been addressed in the latest update of OS Yosemite. Please verify that SMART status for the SSD in Disk Utility is "verified" and that you are not facing any other performance issue except slow wake-up."

- no other suggested solution or work-around, just to wait for the next OS..

..but I'm currently testin the Yosemite BETA and unfortunately the problem is still there..

Just upgraded to public beta 2 of Yosemite, and still having the sleep issue. Did Sandisk support actually say it was supposed to be fixed the current public beta, or is it planned for the next release?

IMO

- Only this SSD exhibits this problem in both Windows and OSx, making it unlikely to be fixed by an OS upgrade.

- This appears to be a problem with the SSD; related to DevSleep on the SATA link.

- Sandisk are aware of the problem and have been since Jan 2014.

- They have not issued a firmware fix, which suggests to me it is something related to silicon, like the serdes.

Remember this is just my opinion....

Peter

" it has been addressed in the latest update of OS Yosemite. " they said. Now I bought this disk a week ago and I'm gonna return it, get money back and head for another brand. Any suggestions? Aiming at a Samsung SSD 840 EVO..

I suspect that is just crap/FUD. Read the thread, occurs unders windows too.

Good luck with your SSD purchase.

Peter

I know.. yes, it's an SanDisk issue. Unpatient.., just bought myself a Samsung, just about to install it Smiley Happy

best / Adrian

Just upgraded to public beta 3 (14A361p). Still has the same problem. Seems very unlikely to me that it's fixed, otherwise it would have rolled out in this update.

I have the same issue on my macbook pro 13 early 2011. Both on Yosemite and Mavericks. I have two different SSD's, and I had to install OS X on my Crucial M500 instead of the Sandisk Extreme II 480 GB. SanDisk, this is your problem! 

SanDisk Guru

Looks like they finailly released a FW for the slow to wake from sleep issue

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16631 

From the release notes

-Fixed an issue that caused occasional delay of up to 30 seconds before normal operation when resuming from sleep mode in MacBook Pro system with Extreme II."