Slow to wake from sleep

" it has been addressed in the latest update of OS Yosemite. " they said. Now I bought this disk a week ago and I’m gonna return it, get money back and head for another brand. Any suggestions? Aiming at a Samsung SSD 840 EVO…

I suspect that is just ■■■■/FUD. Read the thread, occurs unders windows too.

Good luck with your SSD purchase.

Peter

I know… yes, it’s an SanDisk issue. Unpatient…, just bought myself a Samsung, just about to install it :slight_smile:

best / Adrian

Just upgraded to public beta 3 (14A361p). Still has the same problem. Seems very unlikely to me that it’s fixed, otherwise it would have rolled out in this update.

I have the same issue on my macbook pro 13 early 2011. Both on Yosemite and Mavericks. I have two different SSD’s, and I had to install OS X on my Crucial M500 instead of the Sandisk Extreme II 480 GB. SanDisk, this is your problem! 

Looks like they finailly released a FW for the slow to wake from sleep issue

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16631 

From the release notes

-Fixed an issue that caused occasional delay of up to 30 seconds before normal operation when resuming from sleep mode in MacBook Pro system with Extreme II."

Wow, I’m amazed they’ve actually released a fix for this! I hope it works.

Has anyone been able to get it to apply? I tried both the 64 and 32 bit ISOs, but they both fail with a generic “Firmware Update failed” message after selecting the device.

Good news everyone!

I pulled the drive into my desktop, and the firmware update was able to apply there. Perhaps there’s something with Mac EFI that they didn’t test for.

Been running the new firmware for a day, and waking from sleep is near instant - faster than I can open the lid. Hopefully this update fixes the issues others were having on non-Apple hardware too!

That is excellent news! Currently the update is bizarrely marked as for MACs only; so I have raised a ticket to find out when Windoze will be supported. Anyway, thanks for updating us.

Regards,

Peter

How did yuo get it to work in the end? Iḿ getting the generic update failed message!

Thanks

I updated the firmware, and now it works perfectly! :smiley: Issue fixed for my macbook.

Did you use the instructions on the site??  I keep getting an error.

Can you please tell me how? I get firmware update failed… 

I called Sandisk yesterday and they claimed that the firmware works perfect with their test machines.  I am sending my SSD in (AGAIN) for “testing” and they are sending me a replacement.  I told them that there are multiple people on the forums having the same problem, as they were not aware of the issue.  

I am greatful for the firmware update, but this release has been bad.

As I mentioned above, I couldn’t apply the update from my early 2011 MacBook Pro 15", but it did apply using another standard PC computer. I don’t know of any workarounds if you don’t have any other computers to try with.

Mine seems sto be a serial number issue. It says the bootable disc was created with a different serial to the actual SSD, so the update fails. When it asks me if I’d like to update another drive, it says ‘there is no ssd on this sytem with the model number’ blah blah blah

Surely Sandisk can’t have fixed the serial on the update software?

For any other windows users with this problem: I’ve heard back from Sandisk; they have not yet tested this upgrade on a Windows machine, however they “suspect it will work”. I’ve asked when they plan to test it, and release via the Dashboard app. I will advise.

Regards,

Peter

I wrote the ISO to a cdrom,and updated the ssd  successfully on a windows laptop. I installed the SSD into my MBP 2011 late,and install the OS X Maverick 10.9.5,everything is OK.I think this problem is solved.:smileyvery-happy:

Excellent, thanks for the info.

Peter

Extreme II SSD Firmware version 1411 for Mac download

Will this  firmware update work for a window 10 64 bit system? I have the “slow wake up from sleep” problem, is there a firmware 1411 update for windows  users?