Slow to wake from sleep

Peter_S, no I didn’t create a support ticket with SanDisk about this, just noticed it yesterday. Until I’m sure something is really wrong with a product, I don’t report issues that may not truly exist.

Regarding more news, keep in mind issues like this, which can be related to the SSD controller’s firmware or the SSD controller itself, are very complex things. The environment the SSD is used in (hardware and software) are variables that add to the complexity. The SanDisk EX II is not the only SSD that uses the Marvell 9187 controller, and this controller has been used for a while now. If those SSDs do not have this issue, that narrows down the problem, but knowing that takes time.

It is rare that a fix is one small thing that will not affect other things about the controllers operation. Even if a fix is simple, verifying the fix takes time, not to mention creating and testing the fix, such as a firmware update. It is irresponsible for a manufacture to quickly release a fix for a problem without testing it thoroughly, which takes time.

Why didn’t reviewers find this problem? Either they never tested waking from Sleep, or the environment they used for testing does not cause the problem. I suppose they would consider testing that rather mundane.