SanDisk Ultra+ SSD Manual Firmware update version X2316RL

I’m dead certain that it failed, because I checked the firmware revision on the SSD afterward, and it was still on the old version: X2306RL

For what it’s worth, right before it shuts down, I can for a split second see an error indicating “firmware not found.”

I even tried mounting the ISO within Linux, and I couldn’t find the firmware anywhere within the initrd file “ssdupdater.gz” that I extracted to examine the contents of to see if that was true, and there was nothing within that file.

I looked more closely at the directory structure of the intact file image, and here is what I (the below is the output of a simple “find” command within the root directory of the image with no parameters:

./EFI
./EFI/Boot
./EFI/Boot/ssdupdater.gz
./EFI/Boot/vmlinuz
./EFI/SanDisk
./EFI/SanDisk/update.flu
./grldr.mbr
./menu.lst

I’m pretty sure that the file “./EFI/SanDisk/update.flu” is the actual firmware, but I have no idea why the updater doesn’t locate it automatically.

It’s very strange that the updater stops at the exact same point, whether I leave the default GRUB command line as is, or whether I follow your idea to remove the part that caused the problems for you.

Very odd.

:confounded: