SanDisk Guru

Re: SanDisk ReadyCache SSD FAQ

djdane wrote:
Hi, I already have SanDisk SSD 128GB drive since one month, but it is not ReadyCache, and I have already installed OS there. But, I didn't see much speed boost over HDD, maybe I have installed something wrong, or I need to update firmware. Can I try to install ReadyCache software on that SSD? If that could work, I should definitely see the improvements over HDD. It would be nice if OS and data I already installed (about 40 GB) could remain intact. Thanks!

No the expresscache software cant be installed for the product you have. You should post this question in the SanDisk SSD board. That said you will need to post your PC specs i.e. the SATA chipset and benchmark results so we can determin if you are seeing the correct speed.  

Thanks, that was helpful for me.

I dun believe so...

Used Portion of Cache near Total Cache Size

26,00GB ... 27,00GB, ...    What do you think ?

Decreasing performance ?

Manual Clearing Cache needed ?

It seems to me that XP mode (Seven pro 64)  is faulty ?

I don't worry, but only to know before the BSOD ... (I joke !!!)

I can confirm the cache works fine when the boot system drive is an SSD.

It was specified somewhere the SSDs are automatically excluded from caching, anyway I always excplictly exclude them via command line.

I have two PC both with SSD system drive:

1. Crucial 128GB + 3x2TB SATA

2. Sandisk Extreme 480GB + 1x2TB SATA + ARECA RAID5 Array 4X750GB

Caching is working fine on both, also on ARECA RAID array (at least last time I checked).

Are there any issues with Express Cache conflicting with Windows 8.1?

SanDisk Guru

I have Win 8.1 and do not have any issues. 

Do you happen to know if the exclude command just has to be specified once per drive I do not wish to cache? In other words, it's not something I have to append to the launch parameters of the software, correct?

Just run once and done?

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

Once you exclude a partition, you don't need to run that command again, as it stays excluded after the next reboot. 

It's probably only required if you update or reinstall the readycache software, or forcefully reset exclusions (eccmd -clearexclusions).

Periodicaly you can check it's exclusion status by doing the command exclude command again on the target drive. It'll pop an "error 0x5 (5)" when a drive is already excluded.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

i reformat my Asus S550c win8 to win7 and the express cache doesnt function.

U100.jpg

i did try to install express cache v 1.0.1, and type ECCmd -info, it didn't show any caching information. i tried uninstall it and download version 1.3.2 from sandisk ,it show me can't find sandisk express cache device. please help . tq.

Can't find device.jpg