SanDisk ReadyCache SSD FAQ

A few things 

1. There is no way for the user to set specific applications to the cache, It is all based off your usage. Additionally the caching is not file or application based. The way the software works is, the EC driver installes and the EC service monitors usage of LBA’s (logical block address) once the EC service identifies LBA’s used at a high frequency, such as boot files and applications you use every day, these LBA’s will be copied to the RC SSD. Next the EC service will monitor all I/O requests and any future read I/O request for the LBA that are cached are intercepted and directed to the SSD instead of the HDD. 

2. Pages like facebook and youtube are server based. Very little is actually saved on your computer. Everything you see is actually on a server and is coming to your computer via your internet connection. The only thing saved to your computer are a few temp files and these are very, very small. All content on FB is on the server not your computer and youtube videos are steamed via internet not saved to your computer. The only thing that would be cached is your internet browser and that is a relatively small application. You would want your browser cached since the launching of the application would be improved as compared to launching from a HDD. 

There is nothing to be fixed in the software in this regard. I think you are just a little confused as to how the software and computers in general work.