SanDisk ReadyCache SSD FAQ

I bought the ReadyCache not so much to increase speed, but just to prevent wear and tear from the hard drive accessing the same files over and over again on my computer. My concern is that I hibernate my computer most often, I rarely “shut down.” I notice that it caches all of the web pages I have open, and does not automatically erase those files after I’ve closed the internet window. I think that’s a pretty huge flaw.

Because of hibernation, speed increases are marginal, but that would be less of a concern to me if I knew that it was caching more important data. Right now, most of the cache that is being used is likely Facebook pages and youtube videos from last week, so it’s making me wonder if I should return it.

It would be VERY nice if there were a manual “cache this program’s startup files” option, so that this wouldn’t be a problem, and if there were a “delete cached files from this program” like Chrome or Firefox. Just a couple of suggestions, and a big downside to know about for any potential buyers. I hope this is fixed in a future software update.