SanDisk Extreme SSD not booting

hello,

I am having trouble with my sandisk extreme SSD. everytime i go to boot windows 7 it starts to load then bluescreens! the bluescreen is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. when i plug this up as an external drive, windows reads this as a RAW table format and wants to format it! is there any way to fix it? is anyone else having this problem? how do i get the data off the drive? please respond back. and before anyone asks, I DO NOT HAVE A GOOD BACKUP. thank you for reading.

It is likely that one of two things are wrong here. 

1. Some issue with the boot files of your OS. Easiest way to fix it would be to format the drive and reload the OS. You could also try OS repair but it probably would not work. 

2. A bad SSD, if this is the case nothing you can do will fix it and data recovery from an SSD can be quite difficult due to the hardware encryption. Data recovery is something you would need to seek at your own expense. The SSD would need to be replaced if this is the case. You can contact SanDisk to verify warranty status. 

in that case, the drive is dead. how hard would it be to get the data of of an identical drive that is good, but was formatted? the dead drive was cloned over to this about 1 1/2 weeks before it went out. i really do not want to have to start over from my old hdd. from 6 months ago :frowning:

that really depends on how the drive was formatted. it it was a high level format you should be able to get data back. if you low level formatted it data recovery is probably unlikely. 

give the people at http://www.lctech.com/ a call and they should be able to give you a better idea of your options.