SDSSDP-256G-G25 Speed

Hi

Thanks for the reply and the link for the specs.

Drive is in a Samsung N-150 netbook, im not sure what SATA version the chipset supports at the moment, i guess SATA 1.

Ive managed to re-install Win7 starter as luckily i have a install DVD, just had to rummage for a internal DVD drive which i connected using a USB converter…

Originally i was going to re-install from the recovery partition which i imaged over from the failing HD, didn’t go so well…

Anyway im all up and running again and speed has improved tremendously, boot from cold is about 30 secs with a clean install.

Ive needed start again since i brought it S/H 5/6 months ago, as it was working i just used it as it came.
Average sequential read / write speeds are around 223 MB/s read & 163 MB/s write using AS SSD.

It informs me that the 4K boundaries are good.

So speeds might still be slower that optimal in this netbook, but its a vast improvement over the HD.

l’ll have a look at some windoze hacks to try and squeeze some more performance out of it, ive done a few already…

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Just had a hunt for the chipset it uses and its the Intel NM10 Express which quotes as being a SATA2 3Gb/s, wonder if there’s some updated drivers for that…