My SSD Hard Disk freezes intermittently.

Hi,

I post in this thread to help people in solving this problem.

I say that, but I hope mines are solved.

So, this is my story:

1. I bought a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB

2. I installed it in my computer and inserted Win7 DVD

3. The SDD was not found by Win7 installation DVD

4. I reboot on my old HDD and it was still not recognized

5. After a few research, I found that I had to initialize and create a partition on the SSD from the disk management tool

6. After that I retried Win7 installation on the SDD

7. This time SSD was found but only after pressing the “refresh” (or something like that) button

8. Installation was fine and fast

9. After installation, Win7 didn’t want to boot.

10. Problem was the AHCI that was not enabled in my BIOS

11. After enabling it, it was ok

But, after that, I started to have mouse bugs. Sometimes my mouse had a wrong pointer and pointer was altered (green, red, blue).

Also I had freezes. The only solution was to reboot.

I tried to update all drivers and BIOS without success.

I finally looked on the web and I quickly saw that freezing problem is very popular.

Several methods seem helping to resolve these bugs.

I used the following way to solve my problem:

My SDD is plugged on SATA III port 0 of my motherboard (P8H61 PRO). SATA III is managed by an ASMedia controller. So, method that consists in editing the configuration of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver through this registry key doesn’t work since my SATA controller is not an Intel one:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStor\Parameters\Port0]

I finally used the trick explained here that consists in disabling the low power operation mode (Both HIPM and DIPM) from Windows power options:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/177819-ahci-link-power-management-enable-hipm-dipm.html

(Refer to the end of the article in order to add “AHCI Link Power Management-HIPM/DIPM” to advanced power settings)

What I wanted to say in this post is that this trick seems to work, at least during last 10 hours.

Note:

A last advice for people like me that enabled AHCI after Windows installation: don’t forget to check that your Windows uses AHCI:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/61869-ahci-enable-windows-7-vista.html

Finally:

I hope my bugs are totally solved. If it’s not the case, I will ask help from SanDisk gurus.

@+