My SSD Hard Disk freezes intermittently.

I too purchased the SanDisk Extreme 120 GB SSD drive and installed this into a MacBook Pro 2008. I was able to clone over the system / data without a problem. The performance was excellent for about a week. Now Its hesitating constantly. Simple tasks like switching between programs, making windows larger…etc, besides loading programs, will internitantly seem to stall before accomplishing the task. I’m also using a sector check program and it seems to blaze through severa thousand blocks and then will stall for about 20 seconds and then continue to roll through several more blocks. So far, no bad blocks found, but there’s no question that the issue is here.  I even when back to a back-up from last week before the issue was clearly noticable and the issue is the same. So I believe software has been ruled out. I am not seeing errors in the task manager (console)…etc, that point me to any other althernative then to suspect an issue with the new hard drive. I noticed you have posted firmware updates, but they are not mac installable. Is there a way to work around this? I’d loved the initial performance, but now its worse then before when I was using a 5400 RPM drive.  Thank you.