Firmware update R211 released for SanDisk Extreme SSD

Just bought the 120GB extreme and the 240 Extreme - the 120 had FM R112, and the 240 had R201

I put the 120GB in my Mac Mini 2011 and the 240 in my MBP 13" 2011. 

For the MBP - was easy to upgrade: downloaded the ISO, disk utility to burn onto a disk and followed the instructions - and the speed difference is REALLy noticable. Boot time 12 seconds, 40 seconds to boot and load all my default progs: chrome, firefox, skype, Parallels (Windows XP) and a bunch of other stuff…

Now for the Mac Mini it was painful and really SanDisk should start supporting Mac much better - as the 2011 model has no CD drive. 

So, I took out the Mini 120GB disk, and had to put it into the MBP, burned the iso file (somehow the FM installer only works if the iso file was burned with the Mini SSD in the MBP. Tried burning the iso disk before I put the Mini disk in and it didnt work. 

OK - so apart from the hassle of taking apart the Mini and swapping disks - the process was atually very smooth. 

And again the difference is really noticable: boot time around 15 seconds again, a bit longer to open all the default programs (less than in my MBP as the mini is my media server running Plex). 

Anyways - hope that helps people - process is actually fine (apart from disk swapping the mini into MBP etc) - and the difference is awesome. 

Also, both are running 10.8.2 - and I installed TRIM Enabler - seems to work, System Information shows that TRIM is working, so hopefully that is actually the case. 

Next on the list: the iMac 27" - that’s gonna be a real job!!!