Extreme 240GB freezes

I know there is a similar thread on this forum but I want to know if anyone is experiencing the system freezing problem the same way as me. I installed a SanDisk Extreme 240GB early May. It replaced a SanDisk Ultra 120GB. I upgraded for the larger capacity and SATA 6.0. The drive worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. The first thing to happen is my system would completely freeze for a few seconds. During that time the mouse cursor would not move. Then after a few seconds I would be able to move the mouse cursor but everything else is still frozen. After a few more second the mouse would freeze again and my only alternative to get the system working again is to do a cold boot. There’s no rhyme or reason when or how often it happens. It could go a entire day without happening or 5 times a day. The only constant is that it seems to happen when I’m actually using the system. I never found it frozen after not using it for awhile. I am positive it’s the SSD since I built this system about 15 months ago and the SSD is the only hardware addition since I built it. Any ideas? Thanks.

CPU - Intel i5 2500K 

Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Pro

Graphic card - EVGA, GeFore 460 SE

Memory - ADATA XPG DDR3 1600  2x4GB

Solid State Drive - SanDisk Extreme 240GB

Hard drive - Seagate 1TB   (for data)

Optical drive - LG Blu-ray disc rewriter WH10LS30

Power - Antec Truepower Trio 650w Ver. 2.2

Cooler - Cooler Master 212+ (2 fans)

Case - Antec 300

Windows 7 64 bit

Having the exact same problem, though my disk replaced an Intel 140GB SSD system disk. The freeze problems began after 1 day…

You all should try disabling HIPM. 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/177819-ahci-link-power-management-enable-hipm-dipm.html 

Thanks, by any chance, is it a known issue? Is this because of the disk size too?

I learned a lot.