SanDisk Guru

Re: Extreme 240 making sounds the first minutes

Sounds like the old "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" adage.

Smiley LOL

Andonios - I have only just seen your post.  I am not sure if you are trolling or being serious?

Anyway, for the avoidance of any doubt, the noise is coming from the SSD.  How do I know?  Well I can hold it in my hand and listen to it.  No case, no fans, just the SSD in my hand.

I will be RMA'ing the loudest and most annoying one shortly.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

i saw something about this a while back. if i remember correctly it was an issue with the hardware on the SSD. no big issue but siomething to do with oscillation in one of the capacitors or something. 

bottom line

Yes, the ssd can make noise even with no moving parts. 

No, This is not normal and the drive should be replaced. 

Just contact sandisk support and they will take care of you. 

Ok so heres the thing, I put the **bleep** ssd extreme 120gb to my ear right, I clicked on a program to execute and start up and the **bleep** drive makes all kinds of freaking little screeches and eeks for those 3-4 seconds that it reads for the program to come up.....what the efffing hell is that!??????

SanDisk Guru

see the comment right above your post. the drive will need to be replaced. 

SanDisk Guru

Whoa! Smiley Surprised

What's with the language??? There's no need for that here. While it's obvious you are frustrated, please keep your posts civil and expletive-unadorned. This is a family-friendly forum and we attempt to help each other in a civilized and respectful manner. We haven't earned nor deserve such disrespect.

But just one rhetorical and humorous question . . . what happens if you put the ssd extreme 120gb to your left ear? Smiley LOL