Lsi

Re: Cloudspeed Gen. II SSD firmware update?

As a side note, the Micron 5100 series drives work perfectly without causing Dell faults in my tests so hopefully this will light a fire under someone’s butt in the Cloudspeed firmware engineering dept. They are a better performing product in my tests as well, despite being eTLC based (Cloudspeed Eco/Ultra are MLC/eMLC) so Sandisk needs to fix this for a “server class” line to remain competitive and effectively usable in our usage cases.

Sorry I missed your last message. So they are faulty for you, yuck. I put some in a r620 that has a PERC H710P. They are reading without a fault in this model, however the write speeds are horrendus. On a vmware server, in a brand new VM, I am getting 50-60 mpbs write speeds, while my reads are at about 800 mbps. How are your read speeds, what program is running on top of these for you?

Sorry, how are your *write* speeds.

Highlighted
Lsi

Its write speeds are normal but I can't really live with the false status flagging issues.  Re: your performance issues, maybe you should check out this bug fix for VMware when using SATA vs SAS disks:

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/538732

The link says it only happens with cheap spinning disks, not ssds.

Lsi

The user comment at the end of the article noted that it affected SATA SSDs as well, since this is a SATA device issue (vs SAS).