Windows Explorer/My Computer and the Clip

@skinjob wrote:

Hmm… I’ve never had that much trouble getting Winamp to notice a USB drive. You can try to force Winamp to recognize it:

Late last night I downloaded the latest Winamp release.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Many many thanks for all the help.

Steve

BTW: Is there a suggestion box, for things we’d like to see included in a future Firmware release?

I thought you were a windows explorer kinda dude? Don’t you find all those ‘buttons and whistles’ distracting? :wink:

@hakujin wrote:
I thought you were a windows explorer kinda dude? Don’t you find all those ‘buttons and whistles’ distracting? :wink:

I use Winamp for home entertainment, and for building Playlsits on my Clip.

And it is neither a Microsoft nor Apple product. Which is just fine in my book.

Steve 

Well,

I always though WMP is a good tool, but I always avoided because it looked to complicated and I could never get it to do what I wanted to do…

I don’t understand the whole concept of a play list very well and so I just stayed away from the whole thing…

But now I feel like I want to sink my teeth a little deeper into the subject and would like for some help from you guys…

What is a play list and what are its advantages ?

Usually this is my rutine:

I rip music from a CD, I don’t label anything in anyway.

I dump the files into a folder named after the artist or the type of music.

Then if I want to make a cd for the car, I select a mix of songs from different folders and copy into another folder name Car CD July 2008.

And that is about it…

Now that I have the Clip, I have been forced to at least label the Genre field of the songs I am ripping so that I can separate them on the Sansa Clip.

For example, now I have Classic Rock, Latin Music, Pop.

What am I missing, what else I could be doing to make my experience more efficient and just to make use of these new technologies and concepts…

You may find this usefull then.  I love good software, I really love free software that’s good.

http://www.id3-tagit.de/

This utility can help you mass tag your tunes.  I’m in the same boat.  Never had a player that was so robust in it’s use of the ID2v2 so now I’m going back and filling in genre info on 10gigs of MP3s.