Sansa zlip on amazon

Marvin,

Not sure what you mean by trolling. You’re saying that Audible+Sandisk is now a match made in heaven. That being the case why isn’t Amazon selling the Clip Zip? It takes a month to replenish a supply of 6" micro-USB cables?

@rogbtn wrote:

Marvin,

Not sure what you mean by trolling. You’re saying that Audible+Sandisk is now a match made in heaven. That being the case why isn’t Amazon selling the Clip Zip? It takes a month to replenish a supply of 6" micro-USB cables?

1. One doesn’t have anything to do with the other.
  2. The reason why Amazon isn’t selling the Clip Zip right now has already been explained. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you.
  3. Big wheels turn slowly. And they’re not just replenishing a supply of USB cables. They are completely re-stocking Amazon’s inventory of Zip players. This could be several thousand, and may have to wait for production in order to ship. Remember too, that these things are made in China and may also have to await Customs clearance in order to enter this country and finally get to Amazon’s warehouses.

I agree with JK98, that It would have been nice and simple if SanDisk simply could have sent a bag of USB cables for Amazon to include (with an explanatory note) when sending out a Clip Zip–I just hate the financial waste of sending inventory back and forth (give the shipping costs to a favorite charity!). But, companies (sometimes) have their reasons. :wink:

It’s ok, except for a few qurks that could be fixed with a firmwire…   I paid 70 dollars on amazon for it

The Clip Zip is back up at Amazon.  But unfortunately so are the many negative user reviews complaining about things such as the wrong USB cable (fixed), incompatibility with Audible files (fixed by Audible) and other issues that have all been addressed.  These user reviews give a very bad impression to potential buyers, unfortunately.

@andystanton wrote:

The Clip Zip is back up at Amazon.  But unfortunately so are the many negative user reviews complaining about things such as the wrong USB cable (fixed), incompatibility with Audible files (fixed by Audible) and other issues that have all been addressed.  These user reviews give a very bad impression to potential buyers, unfortunately.

I wish more people knew enough to take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt.