Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

Last week, on the thread about 16gb cards sansafic confirmed the end of this month.

Message Edited by Fifer on 03-24-2009 09:40 PM

Message Edited by Fifer on 03-24-2009 09:41 PM

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

Question about the upcoming firmware update (or beyond)

A feature I used a lot on my iPod Nano and on the Sansa e260R is scrolling within a track (jumping back/forth by seconds rather than by track or - in audio books - by chapter).  It’s the one missing feature that makes listening to audiobooks and podcasts on the Fuze frustrating - I often listen while I work, and if I want to go back a few seconds to review something I missed, I can’t do it.

Any hope of getting this addressed?

Thanks

Jim

e260R 4Gb - Fuze 16Gb - iPod Nano 8Gb - iPod Touch 16Gb

I go back a few seconds or minutes all the time when I listen to podcasts. Maybe your firmware isn’t up to date?

No, I have firmware version 1.01.22A.  I don’t camp on the boards, but I have been updating the firmware regularly since I purchased the device in October.

On the E260R, I would press the center button until I got to Scan mode, and then used the scroll wheel to move backward and forward within the track (the iPod Nano flow is similar).   I’ve tried this on the Fuze but don’t see this option.  I’ve tried a few other things, but haven’t stumbled on it yet (holding center button and scrolling, holding Menu button, etc.)

If you’ve got a method that works, can you share it?  Thanks.

Aha! The answer is, press either the left side of the wheel, to go back, or the right side, to go forward  :smiley:

You are a prince among men!  Press and Hold…that’s so intuitive I never considered it. :wink:  Thank you thank you thank you!

That’s actually the first instict I had when I wanted to fast forward, press left or right.

same here

When I shared the “big news” with my wife, she told me she’d figured that out weeks ago.

It may once have been my instinct, but my Nano/e260 experience had trained me to expect something else.  

I blame Steve Jobs.

I still appreciate the help.

Hello all.

I have discovered an issue with fast forwarding and rewinding from within a track. My Fuze does not like LARGE track sizes. I listen to many audiobooks and tracks that are more than, say, 8 minutes do not allow you to back up or go forward. You are forced to go the playlist and select the beginning of the most recent track you wish to start with.

I do have a 4gb microsd card and the information I am listening to is on the external, but I don’t think that is the problem. I will have to test it and get back to the forum.

I too have firmware version 1.01.22A

Thanks.

Nivlaek

@nivlaek wrote:

Hello all.

I have discovered an issue with fast forwarding and rewinding from within a track. My Fuze does not like LARGE track sizes. I listen to many audiobooks and tracks that are more than, say, 8 minutes do not allow you to back up or go forward. You are forced to go the playlist and select the beginning of the most recent track you wish to start with.

I do have a 4gb microsd card and the information I am listening to is on the external, but I don’t think that is the problem. I will have to test it and get back to the forum.

I too have firmware version 1.01.22A

Thanks.

Nivlaek

Do you have chapter mode on? This should fix it. Start playing an audiobook track then hit the menu button (6 o’clock on the scroll wheel) and find chapter mode, then switch it.

I don’t expect this in the next firmware update, but I have two things I would like…

1. When those little messages in green(the ones that ask you if you want to delete a song/resume playback on videos) appear, they could have a little fade into them to make it look a little better.

2. The blue ring should dim or brighten with the screen. If you have the screen dimmed in the dark, the blue light makes it hard to see the screen.

That would be great. At least the second one. Thank you.

Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 03-28-2009 08:35 PM

@saxmaster765 wrote:

I don’t expect this in the next firmware update, but I have two things I would like…

1. When those little messages in green(the ones that ask you if you want to delete a song/resume playback on videos) appear, they could have a little fade into them to make it look a little better.

2. The blue ring should dim or brighten with the screen. If you have the screen dimmed in the dark, the blue light makes it hard to see the screen.

GOOD IDEA! I had not heard that one before! It makes perfect sense!

Good one! I’d also like to see the message change when it’s deleting a song to “Deleting…” or something, rather than stay on the yes/no prompt or whatever.

Also, when I’m listening to an album, and decide to delete one track, it doesn’t resumewith the next track always…sometimes it moves to a different album (probably moving to the next song or something from the entire collection, but when I choose to play either by artist or album, it’d be cool if it stayed in that "scope)…nothing big, but a nice to have…

@conversionbox wrote:

@saxmaster765 wrote:

GOOD IDEA! I had not heard that one before! It makes perfect sense!

Thanks! Is that possible though? Here’s another idea…

Being able to delete whole albums.

Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 03-29-2009 01:18 PM

Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 03-29-2009 01:25 PM

The ability to delete more than one song has been mentioned before, and its a great idea! Deleting one song at a time takes so stinking long that its virtually useless.

You have to connect the player to your computer in order to add music to it. What’s so difficult or inconvenient to delete them this way too?

@tapeworm wrote:
You have to connect the player to your computer in order to add music to it. What’s so difficult or inconvenient to delete them this way too?

That’s what I would do if I was thinking of deleting more than one song…just one database refresh instead of one per song…easy as can be :wink:

Trust me, there is a genuine inconvenience to connecting the DAP to a PC while you are listening to it just to delete songs that pop up you don’t want. I wish all DAPs had the delete function. It’s very convenient.

All I can say is you guys sure are spoiled! The most popular model of the Sansa line proior to the Fuze was the e200 series v1. It is still very much coveted amoungst users for it’s accepstance of Rockbox firmware. And it never had this feature. It wasn’t added until the v2 model came out. Rockbox doesn’t even offer it.

Maybe I’m missing something here, but why would you bother to go through the time to put songs on your player if you’re only going to delete them? You can preview them before loading them onto the player. If you don’t like them, don’t put them on in the 1st place.

Regardless, your player gets plugged into your computer often enough anyway for charging, etc. so if something slips by you and you want to remove it, it really is no big deal to do it at that time.

@lewislink wrote:
Trust me, there is a genuine inconvenience to connecting the DAP to a PC while you are listening to it just to delete songs that pop up you don’t want. I wish all DAPs had the delete function. It’s very convenient.

If I was on the go and listening,I would simply skip the offending song, make a mental note, and and clear out the offenders when I got home. It’s usually not an issue for me though…I tend to spend a little extra time selecting my music when I load the player, so I rarely have to delete anything on the go, except a podcast here and there on my 2 GB Clip, which refreshes lickedy-split fast.

That’s what I love about humanity. If one person can’t see an issue with something, that means there can’t be an issue for anyone else. So the usual response is, “what’s the big deal?” However, if that particular person has an issue, the whole world must stop what it’s doing and attend to it.

The point of this? There is an issue with not being able to delete on the fly. Just because particular people can’t see the issue right now does not mean there is no issue.

@lewislink wrote:

That’s what I love about humanity. If one person can’t see an issue with something, that means there can’t be an issue for anyone else. So the usual response is, “what’s the big deal?” However, if that particular person has an issue, the whole world must stop what it’s doing and attend to it.

The point of this? There is an issue with not being able to delete on the fly. Just because particular people can’t see the issue right now does not mean there is no issue.

I dont think anybody is denying the existance of the desire to be able to delete entire albums on the fly. But what is being said, is that there are ways to achieve the ends despite the means. Where the whole issue lies is in the fact that there are bigger bugs that need to be fixed before we get astetic things like delete functions. I think at this point (New firmware due in The next 45 hour 38 minute span)… we should let this thread rest, Its almost 40 pages long.

@lewislink wrote:

I think your’e reading more into my response than what was offered. I’m not saying mine is the only way, only that I believe you are making the proverbial mountain out of the mole-hill.

Life is too short to be worried about such minutia. There are far bigger & more worthy things to get ulcers over. :wink:

:omg omg omg omg! 2 more days! maybe :smiley: :smiley:

A promised update on April Fools’ Day?  Hmmmm.  I must say, these upgrades have been very nice to have.  I wish there was some easy-to-find web page telling us when they come out.  It’s not always convenient to connect the player and take the chance of updating it without some prep.

Here’s why.  Given the time-consuming and manual-intensive process for deleting an unwanted song, I do this instead:  Add it to the “Go List” playlist (which I’ve configured to do when I hold down the center button) and skip to the next track.  Then later on, when I have time, I go through the list and delete all the songs I’ve put on it.

The only problem with this technique is, updating the firmware clears the “Go List,” so you need to remember to delete all those songs before taking a chance on an update.

Also, I haven’t found a playlist editor yet that can see the “Go List”, so I have to do all the deleting on the player and it takes several minutes per track.

@once_burned wrote:

I wish there was some easy-to-find web page telling us when they come out.

Just bookmark the Sansa Fuze forum page – it’s pretty easy to find since you already found it… :wink:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=sansafuse

As an aside, it's funny that the url for the Fuze forum page spells it "sansafu<font color="#ff0000"><strong>s</strong></font>e."

Message Edited by Robisan on 03-30-2009 12:55 PM