Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

Thank you Sansa. The deciding factor in me getting this player was the fact that you support them so well and actually listen to your customers.

I would also like to add how wonderfully simple this update was to install. I normally HATE those little bubbles that popup by the clock in MS Windows… but when I plugged in my Fuze today and saw a little bubble popup and say “There’s a new update for your Fuze! Click here!” I was very excited! hahaha 2 Clicks and it was updated. Nice!

Thanks particularly for TRACK INFO.

Message Edited by Peregrine on 04-09-2009 09:51 AM

@woodyear99

I just want to let you know that the screen turns itself off automatically at a period of time.  It won’t affect screenlife, and will help you avoid burn-in. 

I have noticed that with the Folder Navigation, with long album names for the folders, they appear with a string of numbers before them for example,

The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian Soundtrack

and

A Child’s Celebration of Rock ‘n’ Roll 

Sweet, thanks for the f/w update :smiley:

The firmware update and support for 8000 tracks is much appreciated. I’ll install it tonight when I get home. Should I reformat then install the udpate, update then reformat, or doesn’t it matter?

Update, start your Fuze, then select Format on the device.  This should do the trick.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Update, start your Fuze, then select Format on the device.  This should do the trick.

That’s the only way to get the 8000 track availability? I was under the impression, perhaps in error, that you only had to format if you used MTP mode. It doesn’t matter for me, I can’t even fit 3,000 on my Fuze, but I want to be sure I’m understanding it properly. 

@marvin_martian wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

That’s the only way to get the 8000 track availability? I was under the impression, perhaps in error, that you only had to format if you used MTP mode. It doesn’t matter for me, I can’t even fit 3,000 on my Fuze, but I want to be sure I’m understanding it properly. 

That’s how I understood it as well, Marvin…

I found a little error in the new firmware:

When you go to settings -> audiobook options, there is a menu item “track info” which makes no sense there.

(perhaps someone has noticed it before - I didn´t read the whole thread)

Like the update. thanks for supporting the device this way!

Question.  The folders, which is fine, shows all my podcasts or audiobooks on my card as music.  They were taggedaas Podcasts or Audiobook.  When I was on ‘play all’ it played one of those.  Yes they do show up under Podcasts and Aundiobooks.  But also as “music”.  Same with the Audiobooks.  If I want to just listen to music and not near my player I won’t have the opportunity go to the next “song”.  I don’t have another card with me to see if it’s just this card.  I did shut the player off, take the card out, turn the player on, shut it off, put the card in and it’s the same.

@pfh wrote:
In case anyone else gets tripped up: when I first inserted my slotRadio card, I couldn’t figure out how to make it work. There should be a big red slotRadio icon between Music and Videos; I’m not sure if it I just missed it, but I didn’t see it until after I turned the player off-and-on while the card was inserted.

Where did you get the slotRadio card?  I thought they were not available for purchase yet?

I just added the new firmware and I am still checking out all the features. The first thing  I noticed was that when you go to settings and information, The number of songs are listed, but the number of podcast, audiobook, and pictures are zero. The files are still available on my fuze.

Just a thought.

Also, I’m sure this is an easy answer, but thought I would ask anyway.

I see where the folders, folder was added.

I Currently add files using MTP and windows Media player.  If I wanted to  use the folder feature, Do I have to change to MSC, or can I just drag and drop and still be in MTP?

Thank you

I also noticed as stated above that the folders-folder has the audiobook, and podcast under the music for both internal and external cards. 

Message Edited by sahm on 04-09-2009 09:41 AM

Thanks for the update!

sahm wrote: 

I see where the folders, folder was added.

I Currently add files using MTP and windows Media player.  If I wanted to  use the folder feature, Do I have to change to MSC, or can I just drag and drop and still be in MTP?

Message Edited by sahm on 04-09-2009 09:41 AM

no need to switch to MSC all you will need to do is go to folders select MTP then music and you will see all your music folders. 

Great. I found that after I posted. Now just to clarify… If I want to add music in the future, can I just drag and drop into the folders folder?

Also, will it show MTP and MSC or something like that? (I guess the second question is yet to be figured out as we all play with this new feature)

Message Edited by sahm on 04-09-2009 10:40 AM

I also noticed when you are listening to music and look at something… example photos…

I was listening to music and looked at photos. I manually hit the right key to go through the pictures… When I was done looking at photos I hit the home button twice to get to the current song playing.  When I hit the home button the music has a slight pause and then resumes.

I have re-created this with some other areas other than pictures.

ok before someone said u had to format your fuze to get the 8000 song limit right, well when you do that do you also have to re install the new firmware???

or should it just increase it by it’s self

I am listening to the fuze now on play all. All of a sudden the music ended one song and stopped. I looked at the screen and it has 15/504 and the info for one of my pictures.  It says on the bottom playing and the picture info and the pause symbol. I placed it down and started to type this post.  The fuze went black and won’t turn on. I tried to soft reset and nothing. It just bricked???  I turned it to hold and then tried soft reset. Now it turned on and started to refresh media.

Now that is weird. Why would a picture cycle in the music?

I turned it back on and it seems to be playing again. I will post if it does it again.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

I don’t live and die by firmware updates (I greatly enjoy them, whether it be formy PS3, the Fuze, etc) so I wasn’t aware what would make it or what would not. However, this particular update doesn’t do much good for me. Folder navigation? Ok, I just search by artists I don’t see the problem with it. I can see people using it I suppose, the 8000 song thing seems important, too bad I won’t ever have that much.

Well, folder navigation is a good way to compensate for the fact that you can’t choose to browse by “album artist” instead of “song artist”. I have a lot of album tagged « various artists », and I can’t find them through the artist list.

In French, Power is still translated “Marche/Arrêt” while it should be “Batterie”, or “État batt.”, or “État batterie”.

Seeing “On/off  78%” is kinda strange :slight_smile:

Thanks for folder navigation and ID3 v2.4 tags!!