Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download

I guess OGG and FLAC support took plenty of time to accomplish. Many here would have preferred support for navigation by a choice of folders or tags instead.

Just a really big THANK YOU from me.

Please excuse me now, I need to enjoy the delightfully crisp sound of some Ogg Vorbis tracks on my Fuze. :slight_smile:

Yes! I got it about 3 hours ago, and it’s great! Thanks SanDisk!

I’ve also been waiting 3 hours for MediaMonkey to convert all my music to ogg, and it’s getting boring…

I’m glad you added ogg, because that’s my favorite format. Also, the wrap around is great!

Love the new start up & shutdown screens. The USB screen is great, too. Embedded album art is useful because that’s what I have, and I’m tired of the blank art icon.

I see that you have decreased m3u loading time, I’ll have to try using one again!

Overall, great update.

Thanks Sandisk, great updates! Flac sounds great on the Fuze. Is it my imagination or is mp3 sound quality improved as well? It sure sounds like it to me! I like the splash screens too. Nice!!

Being able to play FLAC, one can really hear the capabilities of the new processor.  Fuze, uncorked!!

I am going to put on the Lil’ Monsta suit and dance around.

The new “podcast” wee logo is a nice touch (microphone).  Love the improved navigation as well.

I like the sansa logo.  My daughters caught on to the letter shapes pretty quick.  I do still like the classic SanDisk logo.

For those with Rhapsody, the refresh time has been given a dose of plutonium , as the R4 client is happy with the new Fuze firmware too!!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 10-03-2008 07:37 PM

Hello,

Just signed up. I just installed the newest firmware. I turned it one to see if I could notice any differences from the past firmware and as soon as I pressed the play button to listen to a song, the fuze turned off on me and I have not been able to turn it on since. Anyone else having this problem? Any tips on how to fix it? Thanks

Nevermind, I pressed the “on” button for about a minute and it finally turned on.

Audible format 4 only, huh?  Guess they don’t want use to load up too much stuff.

Thanks a lot for the update, just bought the Fuze, and there’s already a new update for it :smiley:! Very good job *thumbs up*. As mentioned in the alphabet navigation thread, is this something we will see in an upcoming update?

Hello all… I keep getting the following message when I try to download the updater: The Installation failed. Please try again later."

Never mind. I did a manual install  

Message Edited by Hglenn on 10-04-2008 06:27 AM

If the Updater won’t install, you can still install the firmware manually by following the manual installation directions in this thread.

Be sure to unzip (extract) the file after downloading.  Open a Windows Explorer window (my Computer) and plug in your Fuze, in MSC mode, preferably.  Double click on the Fuze, and simply drag and drop the .bin file you extracted into the window with the folders, but not into any of them. This is the root directory.

If, when you opened the Fuze, “Internal Memory” displays, you’re in MTP mode- but that will be ok, as long as you double click again to open the root directory of the Fuze.

Once done (the display of the Fuze will show “connected” ), unplug, and the firmware will install.

Regarding the Sansa Updater issue, if you are using Windows Mojave, be sure to be logged in as Administrator.  Perhaps, it’s playing that old game.  The Sansa Updater has also received an update, with an improved interface and the new Sansa logos.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 10-04-2008 06:29 AM

Bob, 

Just to be clear the root directory is the one I’m into when I double click on Internal Memory right? There are a bunch of folders in there and i should not drop the new .bin file in any of them just drop it next to one of them right?

This may be a dumb question but why is that so different from just dropping the new .bin file on to or in to the Internal Memory? It is the same is is it not? . I mean it will be going to the same place root directory or will it?

Just want to make sure that when I do the manual install I do it right…Thanks! George 

Message Edited by George-W on 10-04-2008 07:47 AM

Absolutely terrific!  I love the new features as well as the .flac support!  The only thing is that using an Apple Mac, there is still the issue of some files being indexed as ._xyz where xyz is the name of an .mp3 file in the music folder.  This is categorised under ‘Unknown Artist’ and ‘Unknown Album’.  I’ve experienced this with the previous firmware version and it is now occurring with .flac files as well.

Another successful upgrader here (manual mode worked fine). I’m converting some music to Ogg to get the better quality/size ratio. At Quality 4 (~128kbps), it sounds very nice!

Message Edited by bdb on 10-04-2008 10:35 AM

@george_w wrote:

Bob, 

Just to be clear the root directory is the one I’m into when I double click on Internal Memory right? There are a bunch of folders in there and i should not drop the new .bin file in any of them just drop it next to one of them right?

Message Edited by George-W on 10-04-2008 07:47 AM

yes, drop the bin file in the internal memory next to the other folders 

While I appreicate any firmware upgrade that enhances the player, I have some future requests to correct some regression

that has occurred in Sansa functionality since the e200 series.

1. The Go List should be able to be saved as a playlist file.

2. *.pla playlists that worked on the e200 series should work on ANY Sansa device that came out after the e200 series.

3. *.pla playlists should work in either MTP or MSC mode.

4. The extended ASCII character set should be supported as it was for the e200 series.

5. SRS WOW would greatly enhance the audio quality of Sansa players as iRiver audio quality is still much better.

The e100 series had it but it’s not on the e200 series or the Fuze.

Really nice update, scrolling seems much faster and smoother =)

The only thing missing is gapless playback, we really need this. Could it please be implemented in the next update?

Since the firmware update, my Fuze has been running pretty smoothly (apart from one small lockup when I was browsing through the settings menu, a restart fixed that).  I *REALLY* love the ability to resume playback where I left off after switching to the FM Radio (the ‘play previous’ option).  The start up/shut down animations are pretty sweet too.  Nice work, SanDisk!  

@julian wrote:
The only thing missing is gapless playback, we really need this. Could it please be implemented in the next update?

Seconded.  Now that we have the option of using OGG Vorbis and FLAC, gapless playback seems like the next logical step.

so yea

ive been waiting for this firmware for about 5 months now

and i am very pleased

i saw it on engadget and plugged my fuze in right away…

and i love the new updater as well

i can only ask for a sleep timer…

but im satisfied…hah

I’m waiting for variable speed playback, user selectable from half to double normal speed with pitch correction. I am also waiting for navigation by a choice of folders or tags. It would also be nice if Sandisk releases some new models with a full sized SDHC card slot, and battery life over 50 hours for music.