player not showing all songs on album

The Sansa follows the “standard” by dealing with all embedded art.

It also follows the “standard” (and space-saving) method that WMP uses to rip CDs.

And if you use mp3tag to get album art from Amazon, mp3tag will either embed or make folder.jpg–becuase both are standard.

The Sansa  just doesn’t have a high enough limit on database size.

You don’t need two collections. You need one master collection.

When you send something to the Clip, you probably run it through mp3tag anyway. (Or you should.) If, while highlighting the tags, you see embedded art in all the songs, you can do the additions mp3tag steps that take  <30 seconds per album.

Your master collection will keep the embedded art in case you ever want to deal with a doPi player. The files on the Clip will be optimized for the Clip.

Yep, and that’s exactly what I said above.

Except that, why would I be using a tag editor to transfer files to my Clips?  Unless there’s a secret sauce there, no need for it and copy-and-paste/drag-and-drop works just fine (and without complication). 

And at 30 seconds per album to strip out embedded art (a low estimate, it seems to me), that’s still 3 hours for a large collection.  (And the reason to have a backup of the “stripped” version:  to avoid having to repeat all this if the Clip freezes/needs to be re-formatted, etc.)

Again, just saying. 

I don['t use the tag editor for transferring. But I do use it to clean things up before transferring–ID3 version, track numbering with leading zeros, stripping out comments, making Artist uniform on every track (instead of Artist featuring etc.), ironing out other glitches. Haven’t had any crashes since I started doing that.