How to upload videos on sansa fuze - sansa media converter

Alright guys. I have been messing around with my e260r all day. Of course I tried and throw on some movies but with no luck. I found this and applied it… Now it all works! So steb by step.

1. Install  QuickTime 7 —> Link: (QuickTime 7)

2. Install K-lite Codec Pack —> Link: (K-Lite Codec Pack)

1. Install DirectX9 —> Link: (DirectX9)

2. Just make sure you have Windows Media Player 10 or 11

3. Install Sansa Media Converter —> Link: (Sansa Media Converter)

4. Restart your Computer, then CONVERT AWAY! 

All of these are a MUST have in order for it to work. 

Let me know if you have any problems! Thanks!

Message Edited by e260bbq on 12-12-2008 12:19 AM

Message Edited by e260bbq on 12-12-2008 12:20 AM

Yeah, I did all that and SMC still fails half the time, easily.

So since you need quicktime, does this mean if you do not have windows xp or vista that you can put videos on your fuze?

Sirleonidas: the exact same thing is happening to me. i start downloading my video and a progress window pops up with two download bars. the top one is the video and it finishes at 100% but the bottom gets stuck at 49%

im downloading the klcodec now and all of the other stuff

I don’t think the K-Lite Codec pack will download to my computer. I’ve tried downloading it but when it finishes, it tells me that the file is corrupted.

Can I download without it?

This is working for me:

1.  Go to www.videolan.org and download the vlc player.

2.  Use the convert option and use the default asf/wmv profile to convert your file to a .wmv (no tutorial here, the interface is a bit quirky, but you’ll figure it out).

3.  Feed that to SMC, it’ll ingest it and convert it and you’re good to go.

Happy video-ing.

where did you find the convert option?

I just have to say a million thanks to you. My daughter got an e250 for Christmas. After trying to simply use the software as and assuming that it would install complete, with the necessary codecs bundled if necessary, my daughter got frustrated and came to me. I naturally thought it was something she was doing, but I ended up with the same concerns she did.  I googled sansa media converter problems and got sent to this page. The minute I uploaded the codecs, I was able to successfully use the software and teach my 12 year old how to upload videos if needed in the future! Thanks once again!!! You saved me from going crazy and made a tween happy with one of her xmas presents!

The K-Lite codec is not working…it says its corrupted. Is there another way?

'm also reading that K-Lite is not a wise choice for those who have Vista. There are claims that is will reek huge problems on your system. Is this true for any Vista users that downloaded it.

@needshelp wrote:
where did you find the convert option?

On the menu bar, under “Media”, select convert/save.

There, you pick the name of the file you want to convert, then click the convert/save button at the bottom.  This is where it gets quirky.

On the next dialog, in the “Outputs” box at the top, you check the box next to “File”, and specify what output file you want to create.  Most likely, you’ll want to create <originalfilename>.wmv.

Under Profile, select “Windows (wmv/asf)” in the drop-down.  You can fiddle with the individial settings in the tabs below via “custom”, instead if you want (when you pick a pre-defined profile, they are greyed-out), but I’ve had lots of failed results with doing so.

Then click save.  This will start the conversion process.

The resulting files load into SMC for me, and onto the Fuze.

Good luck…

Message Edited by lonndoggie on 12-28-2008 01:26 PM

I **finally** got files to convert from *.vob to *.avi & load onto my Fuze. However, they are not in movie form - there are 5 separate files that I must play individually to wtch the film.  How do I get a movie over intact so I can watch it straight through?  Thanks!

@cennyddt wrote:
I **finally** got files to convert from *.vob to *.avi & load onto my Fuze. However, they are not in movie form - there are 5 separate files that I must play individually to wtch the film.  How do I get a movie over intact so I can watch it straight through?  Thanks!

Before you convert the vob files, append them into one big vob.  If you’re on windows, you can go into a command window and enter

copy /b vob1.vob + vob2.vob + vob3.vob + vob4.vob movie.vob

Then convert movie.vob.  The .vob files on a dvd are simply one big file, split to be of a specific maximum size, so this simple trick works.

After a lot of “futzing around” and a call to Sansa “Help” (in India) (who wasted more time & energy and provided no help at all), I was able to solve the dilemma about GREYED OUT CONVERT BUTTON on Sansa Media Converter *simply* by plugging in the Fuze (via USB cable) to my computer. As soon as I plugged in the Fuze, the Convert button “lit up,” enabling the conversion of files to Sansa-readable format. This was on a VISTA machine.

Good luck to those of you struggling to make sense of Sansa’s software. Sansa *really* needs to UPDATE and CORRECT its software, because end-users should not have to struggle for days on end, just to get a program function like the Convert button to work!

Further, it seems risky and sloppy for Sansa software and the Fuze to require you to plug the Fuze into your computer before it will convert a file, because AS SOON AS it converted, it also WROTE the file to my Fuze! That seems rather presumptuous and risky. I was expecting the program to convert the file and allow me to save to my hard drive first, so I could verify that it was what I wanted, before it went ahead and wrote the file to my Fuze, without asking me first.

Oh well, at least the software now works (sort of).

BTW, after all that hassle, the video that got converted and written to my Fuze is so TINY that I probably won’t bother to put additional videos on the Fuze. Not worth the bother, since it is hardly legible…

Good luck, folks.  Enjoy Sanza’s music capabilities–which is where it really “shines”!

:slight_smile:

Now there are many software to resolve the problem,such as Xilisoft WMA MP3 Converter ,ImTOO WMA MP3 Converter, MP4converter MP4 to MP3 Converter and etc.

So i take MelodyCan converter for example. It supports converter WMA to MP3, MP4 to MP3. Besides,it supports converter to MP3 from almost audio files.To our joy,it has fast speed and is easy to handle. Why not to download free trial version to have a try.

Message Edited by Sunshine on 01-23-2009 03:02 AM

@angel21 wrote:

I DID IT ! YAY ! I AM ABLE TO CONVERT VIDEOS USING SANSA MEDIA CONVERTER! OK THIS IS WHAT I DID. I CALLED UP SANSA WHICH IS 1 800 SANSA. THEN I FOLLOWED ALL THE STEPS THEY TOLD ME TO DOWNLOAD AND DO. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD IN ORDER TO CONVERT VIDEOS USING SANSA MEDIA CONVERTER AND UPLOADING THEM IN YOUR SANSA FUZE

• QUICKTIME 7 

-K LITE CODEC PACK

• DRIVERX9

-WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10 OR 11

• SANSA MEDIA CONVERTER

IF YOU GET ALL OF THESE DOWNLOADED , YOUR SMC WILL SURELY WORK ;D

IF THIS STILL DOESNT HELP,  CALL UP 1-800 SANSA AND ASK FOR HELP ! :]

I WASN’T SATISFIED WITH SANSA PRODUCTS UNTIL NOW ! NOW I CAN UPLOAD MUSIC,PHOTOS, AND VIDEOS ONTO MY SANSA FUZE ! THIS THING IS WORTH THE MONEY ! (=

REMEMBER* YOU NEED ALL OF THOSE DOWNLOADED K !

Hi angel 21,can you send me the exact directions on all of the above info you got from sansa, they are not helping me at all.

ALSO, did you have to BUY any of these programs?

Da.  You are needing good codecs for Vista?  Please to try CCCP, tovarish.  Perhaps, this alternative make Vista your friend too?

Love the logo on site now.  These codecs may work well for you.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Can u pleeeease tell me exactly what i have 2 do?? do i have 2 download all of that stuff or what??

@mari123 wrote:
Can u pleeeease tell me exactly what i have 2 do?? do i have 2 download all of that stuff or what??

All you really need to do is download Sansa Media Converter, plug your player in, and then open SMC, click add media and find the files you want to add. Then click convert. It should process and add the files to your player. This is how it is supposed to work. For many it does not. That is where everything else comes into play. So try this first and see what happens.

I am struggling with the issue of 49% as well.  Very small videos do convert fine.

I am using a converter to convert to WMV.

I have plent of room on my Fuze.  3GB.   I have tried several videos ranging from 10MB to 17MB.

I have updated my firmware, downloaded the lastet version of SMC.

After reading posts here, I have also downloaded and installed Quicktime and the K-Lite Code Pack.

I have rebooted my computer.

I still get stuck at 49%.

Does anyone have any other ideas for me?