Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

@alienkid10 wrote:

Contrapuntal if you want something as close to RB as possible just go get and use RB!

I use Rockbox on my Fuzes and Clip+.  If it becomes stable, I shall also use it on the Fuze+.

Tapeworm:

I’ve sorta solved the problem with wrappintg the wires but eventually, I’d like to get a blutooth headset to compliment my phone :wink:

I agree that memory cards are something that I’m looking into; but the 8 gig card that I have + the 16Mb Fuze is more than enough for my needs now.

xavier

Hey does anyone know if there is any chance I can somehow troubleshoot or fix my Fuze +. Somehow when I disconnect my device the memory card and the stuff I have on it doesn’t show, but when its connected to the computer it recognizes that the card is in the Mp3 and all stuff is loaded on it. I had it for months and it just start doing this. I already tried turn it on and off, and also taking out the memory card and puting it back in to see if it needed loading back but nothing happens it just shows the slot music icon instead of indicating that card is connected to it. Please resonse if anyone know what I can do to get this problem fix.

Call SanDisk Tech Support. If still under warranty, it may warrant a replacement.

One thing i would like improved on the sansa is faster way of locking and unlocking the fuze kinda gets anoying to hold it for .5 approx secs everytime i really wish that can be improved in the next firmware or something like that

@tekxy wrote:

One thing i would like improved on the sansa is faster way of locking and unlocking the fuze kinda gets anoying to hold it for .5 approx secs everytime i really wish that can be improved in the next firmware or something like that

Yeah, half a second is such a long time, isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

@Contrapuntal

sounds like you want to buy a Creative ZEN

i had two of them and they have a lot of the feautures you mentioned.

And the Fuze+ USB cord is NOT proprietary

Its a standard run of the mill common cord i havve 3 devices and three cords

from the different companies that all have that same cord and i can use

any for any device with no problems. I use the same cord for my LG cellphone

for my Fuze+ because its longer than the one that came with my fuze+

@xpmule wrote:

@contrapuntal

sounds like you want to buy a Creative ZEN

i had two of them and they have a lot of the feautures you mentioned.

And the Fuze+ USB cord is NOT proprietary

Its a standard run of the mill common cord i havve 3 devices and three cords

from the different companies that all have that same cord and i can use

any for any device with no problems. I use the same cord for my LG cellphone

for my Fuze+ because its longer than the one that came with my fuze+

Might want to go back and read Contrapuntal’s post again. He (or she) acknowledges that fact and is listed under what is liked about the Fuze+ over the Fuze. :wink:

ahhh ic

doh !

well then me too, good feature :slight_smile:

First of all I have to say that I really like this mp3 player.  One thing I like is how you can add songs to the playlists you have created while it’s playing so that if you hear a song you like, add it to whatever playlists you like immediately.  You don’t have to hook it up to a computer to edit your lists, that is good.I do have a few feature requests though.

I like to use the “Music Go List” play list, but it would be nice if there was a way to add to that list other than one song at a time.  If I could click on an album or artist and add all songs from that album or artist to the “Go List” that would be great.

Also, when scrolling through artists or songs, it would be nice if there was a way to scroll through by letter of the alphabet instead of scrolling one song at at time.  I have a 16gb player with a 32gb memory card so with all the tracks I have, it can take a long time scrolling one track at at time.

Lastly, many people have mentioned it, but if there is any way to speed up the load time.  With all the memory I have, it has taken upwards of 15 to 20 minutes at times from the time I turn the unit on to the time it will actually allow me to play a song.

Any ideas on when the next firmware update will be released, or if there will be another one?

My request is for the Sansa Fuze+ to be even minimally responsive at anywhere near the rated capacities.  At 48 GB (16 GB + 32 GB SD card) it has never been functional for anybody but the most dedicated user who will try endless to fight the jumpy interface.  To be fair, it was completely nonfucntional before firmware 02.38.06 so there is some improvement.  But 02.38.06 is what is known in the industry as an alpha release.  That is a release to internal users before they fix the blatant bugs and release a beta version to a wider audience of their very best customers.

This mp3 player is a disaster until it has minimal usability.

I would like the Sansa Fuze+ to switch off by itself or send some kind of signal to stop charging when the battery is full.

This in my opinion would prolong the battery life of the player and help users to turn it off when charging overnight.

Regards

stacking parts of audio books would be nice like fuze

DAB radio and a timer to record radio programmes for the next version.

I have used Sansas for years and for the most part, they are decent mp3 players, however, the following list outlines some pretty silly and obvious flaws that hold the Sansa back from being an excellent mp3 player.  I have been waiting and hoping that these issues would be addressed and fixed in vain for many years.

1 – The old Fuse would group the audio books by album.  That is, if an audio book had three parts, there would be only one selection in the main “audibles” menu, then when you selected the book, it would open another folder that had all the parts in it.  What happened to this?

2 – It would be nice if books under “audiobooks” where grouped as albums in much the same manner as stated above.  I have “ripped from CD” audiobooks and when I put them on my Sansa, then go to the audiobook folder, every stupid track for every book is listed in the main menu.

3 – “Audio Book” needs to be added to the genre that the Sansa recognizes and files under “audiobooks”.  This is a pretty silly oversight.

Listening to music on my mp3 player is a bit cumbersome because of the following things that should really be fixed.  This would require that the Sansa utilizes a customizable “now playing” list that just about every other music playing software employs.  This would allow for a “on the fly” type playlist.  The following suggestions would be obvious to anybody that actually ever tried to use this mp3 player to play music on.  And being that it is an mp3 player, making it as easy as possible to listen to music on it should be a top priority.

1.  In the “album” menu, there needs to be a way to select an album then given the option to: 1 - play album now, or 2 - add album to now playing.  These options could be up at the top where the almost worthless “shuffle” is now on some menus.
  2. In the “songs” menu, you should be able to set your player to prompt you with the following options whenever a song is selected (as it is, if a song is selected, it immediately starts, messing up what you are currently listening to, and you can’t do anything to the song until after it has been selected…pretty silly).  Options that should be available anytime a song is selected are: “ Play song now”, “add song to ‘now playing’”, “delete song”, “add song to playlist”.
  3. In the artist menu, You should be able to have the option to add ALL of the artist songs to “now playing” or “play all now”.  Again, these options could be at the top with the “shuffle” option.  As it is, the stupid menu only allows you to go to the individual albums of that artist and select the songs from them.  Really lame if you have only a couple songs from several albums and just want to listen to all the songs you have from that artist.
  4. There should be some limited way to manage the “now playing” list, so that you can delete individual songs, clear the entire list, or move songs up and down the list, or to save the list as a playlist, using some date time auto-name thing (as there is no way to enter text this is the best that can be done)

These few simple things (that should have been obvious 6 years and several Sansas ago) would make this a pretty good mp3 player.  The way it is now, it is so cumbersome to use to play music, that I use it almost exclusively to listen to audiobooks which is a real shame.  Sometimes, you want to listen to a favorite playlist that you’ve made, but most of the time, I just want to create an “on the fly” playlist using the “now playing” list for whatever I’m in the mood to listen to.

I just thought of a couple more suggestions.  Unlike the last 4 that I made in the above post, these are only “would be nice” suggestions and not “really really need to fixed” suggestions.

Have a firmware update so that the new XC cards can be used

Have an update that allows the display to be lanscape so that more and all the file info can be shown without having to scroll.  This would be very nice and I don’t think very hard to accomplish.  You could have the album art the same size in center in the upper part of the screen with info on eith side of it and along the bottom.

The player needs to remember it’s position in the tracks, whether when we change tracks, pause, or power off. Just like the first generation sansa fuze did. Right now it is unbearable to listen to podcasts, every time we go back to it we have to seek around trying to find when we were. It’s a huge waste of time.

Also it would be nice that when we add mp3 files they are added to the media librairy. Right now I can’t access half of the mp3s I copied on the device.

I bought my Sansa Fuze + last summer and I noticed one problem with it. The clock don’t keep track of time. Last time I tried to set the time on it, I also tested what would happen. So I closed it, then restarted it and found out that the clock was back 30 minutes before the exact time. I am requesting an update of the player’s programmation so that it keep a better track of time. I also had this problem when I had my Sansa View (wich was on borowed time because of a program that was too old and a battery that was due to end, reason I bought a new MP3 Player). Another thing that I would like to be implemented: I put the album’s cover image in the music folder, to better identify it. It would be usefull if the player could detect and associate the album cover with specific images in the album’s folder.

Thanks for taking my advice in consideration.

Change “shuffle all” to “play all” like the clip zip, clip+, and Fuze

Wow how pathetic and uncaring of a company to read the same complaints from two years ago that I am having and I just bought this fuze. 

Turn on time still well over a minute.  Totally unacceptable.  I see this was a complaint way back in 2010 and you haven’t bothered to fix it?  Nice eff you to your customers.

Why aren’t podcasts seperated from audio books?  There is a folder for them.  What happened to starting up where you turned it off?  I can’t count the amount of frustrated times I have had trying to find where I left off a podcast.  I have broken two nails trying to fast forward or rewind.  The display needs to be better.  On my old fuse I could read which episode of each podcast, now I don’t know until which one it is until I start and that makes everything start at zero, whether I listed to any part of it or not.

You need a demarcation line on the lines to show you where to push for forwarding and rewinding.  The touch needs to be less toucy when you don’t want to do anything (have had it restart podcasts and I haven’t touched it) and not touchy enough when you want to do something.  The fast forward button always returns whatever I am listening to to the beginning.  Very difficult to get it to fast forward, then because it takes so much time, the screen goes black and I have to start over again because it stops fast forwarding.  And then I am back to the “oh let’shope I find the right spot to continue the fast forwarding - nope right back to zero”

Music - I use shuffle all (again I saw a complaint about changing to play all - didnt listen), yet when I start up after turning off it just stays on that song and I have to go back to the menu, take forever to scroll up to select shuffle all.

This player is horrible.  Seeing from the complaints for years, you Sandisk, have done nothing to improve this player.  That is really sad you don’t care about your customers.  The 24 hour clock was so mighty white of you to include.

What is the point of asking for feedback from your customers if you are just going to ignore them?