First build of rockbox available

@xpmule wrote:

Don’t mean to be insulting but if it was public then anyone could do just about anything, kinda dangerous (in the wrong hands)

The way we handle this is by requiring people to read instructions. If they don’t read them, they’ll assume they can’t install it and not do any damage :wink:

i just meant, is the project open source ?

from the replies it seems like yes it is ?

if so i’m impressed :slight_smile:

I found posted the source code online to %90 of all my projects

Its just the right thing to do…

It would be wonderfull if sansa would post the firmware code online to their Fuze+ :wink:

Not bloody likely lol

But if they considered a product discontinued then imagine how much that would do for them…

Communities would brng back to life their old products… alll the while gaining respect from people everywhere

I’d like to test this Rockbox and i think i will but im nose deep in Visual Studio and IDA/OllyDBG lately

Any Rockbox coders around here ?

Im building a console application in c++ to transfer content to my Fuze+

and it’s coming along nicely aside from I’m struggling with getting the album

art to show up properly and if anyone has any tips for me it would be appreciated.

If you have done what I’m saying you will know what i mean…

Also I’m focusing only on MTP not msc.

Oh and anyone know if its normal for the Fuze+ Device to return Unsupported

when retrieving the version information ?

I’m using IWMDMDevice::GetVersion and its returning WMDM_E_NOTSUPPORTED.

I assumed this would return the firmware ver as listed on the text file on the root of the device…

The function can be found in mswmd.h from the “Microsoft Windows Media Device Manager SDK”

Also I’m pretty sure I’m calling the function properly, I’m not having any problems getting the other info

such as the Manufacturer name or power level etc

edit:

Im guessing the IWMDMDevice interface function GetVersion was NOT implemented from the Service Provider

so it properly retuns UnSupported… i just wanted check with someone and see if they got the same result…

When asking developement questions regarding rockbox, it’s probably better to use their forums, since there will certainly be developers o plenty over there.

Im not asking about development about rockbox

i was asking about coding an application for windows to transfer content to your player.

And i loong ago found the answer to my question anyway

I have a working program done that transfers albums to my Fuze+

with FULL SIZE cover art support that winamp lacks.

Windows Media Player ■■■■■ ass and i would rather use Winamp

but the cover art winamp transfers via the mtp protocol is garbage

so i made my own program…

He he, I just drag and drop. That solves my problems.

ok so just to give some update, we now have:

• sd card

• usb charge

still to do:

• Rockbox utility automatic installation (mostly done)

• Manual (work has started)

• power optimization (work has started)

• recording

• radio (mostly done but something is still wrong)

Does anybody has data about the battery time? As usual for mp3 player the official battery lifetime is not so reliable. It would be usefull to know what value users have experienced…