E200v2 03.01.16 Firmware Download & Instructions

HI! 

i have a sansa e270 player and i cannot use my 4GB micro SD card with it.

(only 2GB card works)(i have the 1.02.24v)

are there any fixes for this problem, and if yes what are they??

pls help!

[also question, if i have the firmware type 1 can i change to this called 03.01.16??]

@garofild wrote:

HI! 

i have a sansa e270 player and i cannot use my 4GB micro SD card with it.

(only 2GB card works)(i have the 1.02.24v)

are there any fixes for this problem, and if yes what are they??

pls help!

Answered in your duplicate post here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/User-guides-Firmware-Software/e200v1-01-02-24-Firmware-Download-amp-Instructions/m-p/218002/highlight/true#M3879

@garofild wrote:

[also question, if i have the firmware type 1 can i change to this called 03.01.16??]

No.

I have just recently purchased an e280 refurbished. The problem is that the firmware on it does not match the version of the player on the back of the case. It says e280v2 on the back, but the firmware is version 01.02.24E. Also for some reason the FM Tuner is not showing up in the Main Menu of the device when I turn it on. Would it be safe to install the  03.01.16 firmware and would it fix the access to the FM Tuner function?

you can not install the 3.X firmware if you have a 1.X player. you will have to install the 1.X firmware. also the E at the end means it is a European version. you can try installing the Americas version of the firmware but it may not have the FM tuner in it (some were sold in Europe without FM)if this is the case the FM will not work. 

@kylen wrote:

I have just recently purchased an e280 refurbished. The problem is that the firmware on it does not match the version of the player on the back of the case. It says e280v2 on the back, but the firmware is version 01.02.24E. Also for some reason the FM Tuner is not showing up in the Main Menu of the device when I turn it on. Would it be safe to install the  03.01.16 firmware and would it fix the access to the FM Tuner function?

In addition to what drlucky has said, it is not uncommon for re-furbed players to have the incorrect markings on the back plate. During the re-furbing process, no consideration is given to whether it is a v1 or v2. In fact, the person doing it on this particular player may not even know which it is. Their job is to simply grab a good-looking back plate out of a bin and install it.

The only sure way of knowing which version player you have (particularly with re-furbs) is to go by the firmware version listed in the Info menu. :smiley:

Thanks Guys for the help!

Converted it to the US version of the firmware and got the FM Tuner back! Thought I was going to to have to send it back and was really bummed, because I do love how easy they are to use. Every thing works great.

the Sansa e200 series i have has e250V2 on back of the plate , but the firmware in System into => is 1.02.24A .

is this v1 or V2 version of e250 ? can i update the V2 with 3.XXXX version firmware manually 

@cvmanjunath wrote:

the Sansa e200 series i have has e250V2 on back of the plate , but the firmware in System into => is 1.02.24A .

is this v1 or V2 version of e250 ? can i update the V2 with 3.XXXX version firmware manually 

It’s a v1. You can’t trust the back plate, especially if it’s a re-furb.

No, you can’t ‘upgrade’ from a v1 to a v2. They have different hardware inside requiring different firmware versions. The firmware version you have (01.02.24) is the latest one. The ‘A’ stands for America version.

There won’t be any more updates; this player has been discontinued for a few years now.