e200R Firmware Download - 1.0.2.165

lumy wrote:

Do you know when new firmaware revision mei be avail,  or do you know of any other softwares that you can use to work with files on this players.

Thanks

This player has been discontinued for some time now. There will not be any more firmware updates for it. This is as good (or bad) as it’s going to get.

If you’re an adventurerous soul, you could look into Rockbox, 3rd-party alternative, open-source, free firmware. There are lots of discussions about it here on the forum, or check it out at www.rockbox.org.

Were you having some particular problem with the original firmware already on it? Maybe it’s a mis-understanding of how it works, or there could be a workaround for your issue.

I am trying to download Firmware Updater on a newer HP computer (Windows Vista) for the Sansa Rhapsody e280R.  I have tried many times and I can get the Sansa to recovery mode but the update does not seem to be downloading.  I can get to the black recovery screen but the computer searches a long time for an update and then says one can’t be found.  Is there something more I can do here?  Is this device not compatible with Windows Vista? 

It’s most likeley your firewall preventing connection. But you really don’t need the Updater. Just follow the manual updating instructions, download and extract the firmware update here.

i found mine that i had stopped using because it had that thing that says “Not enough spage for music DB. Please free 6mb” when i turn it on.

i re-installed the firmware but it still says the same thing so i tried another couple times and still. then also when i plug it in it has a light blue grey screen or other times its like lines or spots moving down the screen really fast. same color but the spots are a bit darker.

I went to the settings and changed the Mode to playsforsure instead of rhapsody and this doesnt happen when i plug it in. Then i changed it back to rhapsody and it does the same thing with the blue screen but my computer doesnt recognize the device either way.

any help with that?

Je cherche un logiciel pour Sansdisk e280 pouvant être installé sur windows 7

I am looking for software Sansdisk e280 can be installed on Windows 7
Thank you

Alex

@ami wrote:

Je cherche un logiciel pour Sansdisk e280 pouvant être installé sur windows 7

I am looking for software Sansdisk e280 can be installed on Windows 7
Thank you

Alex

There is no software. Any drivers that are needed for syncing or MTP mode are included in Windows Media Player 10 & above. The player looks like any other disc drive to your computer if you use MSC mode, so again no drivers or software is needed.

Indeed.  Windows 7 is paired with the new Windows Media Player 12.  For those used to the earlier versions, WiMP12’s interface is almost the same as 11, but functions are a little odd to find on that first try.

If you plug your e200 in using MTP mode (with the e200 R , the Rhapsody Sansa, it’s “Plays For Sure” mode), you’ll be greeted with Windows 7’s new Device Stage screen.  This is because, in MTP / PFS mode, Win7 sees the Sansa as a Media Device.

You will see a screen offering shortcuts to various functions.

If you previously used Rhapsody Mode, the device will show up as before, as a flash drive.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

hi, i have the e270 model, and a 4gb sd micro card, but it doesnt work with it, it only works with my 2gb card.

i have the 1.02.24 firmware version, can i use my 4gb card if i install this 1.0.2.165 firmware??

pls reply soon thx.

@garofild wrote:

hi, i have the e270 model, and a 4gb sd micro card, but it doesnt work with it, it only works with my 2gb card.

i have the 1.02.24 firmware version, can i use my 4gb card if i install this 1.0.2.165 firmware??

pls reply soon thx.

The .165 firmware is for Rhapsody players only; if you have updated to the .24 version you have the latest firmware for v1 model players.

As for the memory card question, I answered in your duplicate post here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/User-guides-Firmware-Software/e200v1-01-02-24-Firmware-Download-amp-Instructions/m-p/218002/highlight/true#M3879

Thank Bob,

I held the menu button down on my e200R for 15 seconds and off she went (or on she went, if you will)

Your the man!

Vince

OK I am not very computer savvy, but I followed some of the instructions on this thread and got my e280R to go to recovery mode. Can someone please give a step by step way to go after I have done this. The problem started when the battery went low and I connected it to the computer and the screen just started to go haywire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.  As I said before I can’t turn the unit on,  but when I plug it into my computer

the sanza screen comes on,  then the rhapsody, and then for a moment the menu screen shows; but

it very quickly switches to the connected/charging screen.  I can open and view the content of the folders

of the unit but still can’t access any of the menu options.  Any suggestions?  I can also turn the player off

when it’s connected to the computer by holding the on/off button down, so hopefully it’s ok.

it is not showing the connected icon. it shows unrecignised device. what to do now?

please mail me the solution. plzzz!

@kamalbhagia wrote:

it is not showing the connected icon. it shows unrecignised device. what to do now?

please mail me the solution. plzzz!

Try:

1. Resetting it by pressing and holding the power button down for 20-30 secs. (while it’s un-plugged from the computer). Press again to turn it on; plug it in to see if it is recognized.
  2. A different USB port.
  3. Wiggling the cable connection where it goes into the player.
  4. A different cable.
  5. Changing your USB mode (in Settings on the player).
  6. Re-installing the firmware (manually).
  7. Un-installing it in Device Manager, unplugging then re-plugging it in to load appropriate drivers.

I don’t think so because I tried it and I can’t get it back working now.

There’s one more thing to try; formatting the player. Note, this will erase all music, etc. you have put on it so if it works, you will have to re-load everything back onto it.

I have Dell inspiron 9100 xp media center edition v.2002 svp 3. Again and again I have installed and reinstalled Sansa Updater to no avail. Whenever I try to run it  I get : Universal firmware updater for sansa MP3 player has encountered a problem and needs to close . There’s  no error code   . I checked firewall and everything else I could think of but no luck. What is the problem?

Thank You,

Robert

@robertrussell wrote:

I have Dell inspiron 9100 xp media center edition v.2002 svp 3. Again and again I have installed and reinstalled Sansa Updater to no avail. Whenever I try to run it  I get : Universal firmware updater for sansa MP3 player has encountered a problem and needs to close . There’s  no error code   . I checked firewall and everything else I could think of but no luck. What is the problem?

Almost (no, make that) everyone here recommends against using the Updater and simply updating firmware manually. The download link and instructions for the e200 Rhapsody model in the 1st post of this thread.