DRM License Not Available

@wrn wrote:

Tried the “Reset Secure Clock” about 7 days ago.  “DRM License Not Available” is back. I hear Phillips has a MP3 that works well with Rhapsody.  Anyone has recommendations on a MP3 player other than the Fuze +.

I went back to Best Buy and tried another Fuze+, same results…

So back to Best Buy and I bought 2 Sony Walkman NWZ-S544 8G players.  Both work with Rhapsody flawlessly.  They do not have “touch pads” but at this point my kids are just happy they WORK!!!

Maybe give these a try…

I have also been having a DRM license problem - repeatedly. I have tried the “secret handshake” solution a couple times. If it worked, I wouldn’t be writing this. Since the product is faulty, you should recall it and send me something that works, or at least give me my eighty bucks back.

I have the Sansa Fuze+ as well.  I brought it because it said that it is compatible with Rhapsody.  Not true.  I have had to reformat my device several times.  I even took it back to the store and they said it is a Rhapsody problem and not the device.   I have 1,300 songs on my device and it was awful reloading them so what I did was set up a playlist with all the songs.  Then when I had to reformat my device I just dragged them from my playlist to the device and which only took about 40 minutes.  So now losing my songs is not as painful.

make sure you update to the latest firmware version 02.36.03. there is a work around for the issue. it says in the release notes to update the firmware use the settings format option on the fuze+ then reload all your content. try that and let us know if you get the error again. 

Mine has been running with Rhapsody since day one.  Definitely, update your firmware and then format using the built in format function, as this will optimize the memory for loading up with music.

In the Rhapsody client, Authorize the device again, then fill 'er up! 

I would love to see the Rhapsody Channels section moved to its previous position as a new node in the main menu , rather than “hidden” several sweeps under music.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I also started having this problem and called a tech at sandisk (866-726-3475). They had me upload new firmware to my sandisk+.  The website is  http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-02-37-01/td-p/226238 . Scroll down and click on the MANUAL firmware update. Click save file, open in containing folder, right click name and extract all, then another window comes up, click yes to save extractions. Another screen comes up and it says “firmware.sb”. You now need to plug in your sandisk+ into the laptop and go to computer, double click on the sandisk icon, double click on storage. you should now see a bunch of folders. go back to the “firmware.sb” folder, right click copy. go back to your sandisk storage folder. you want to paste the information you just copied on the BLANK SPACE in the folder. do  NOT paste it into or on any of the folders. so right click on the BLANK SPACE and paste. Once that is done pasteing you can unhook your sandisk+ and it should say firmare updating on your sandisk.

I hope this helps and i didn’t skip any steps.

this has helped me for now, hopefully it will continue to work.

Thanks!

Oh, and the updated firmware should be 02.37.01

Had the same problem with Sansa Fuze+…downloaded the Firmware Updater off the Sandisk website and used that to update firmware…when you run the program it automatically checks for updates, which is good.  Once I updated the firmware the DRM error went away and I did not have to reformat the Fuze so no reloading of songs was needed. When I called tech support they sent me a long winded email about  how to manually update to the 02.37.01 version, which did require reloading all the songs, I know the firmware that I updated to was not the 02.37.01 but it seemed to have solved the problem for now none the less and this way was much easier.  hope it sticks.

I had similar issues, very little help from tech support, and very frustrating to reformat each time. I went so far (in desperation) as to returning it 3 times and getting a different color- thought that may out smart the issue. I found the Phillips 8 gig to go unit for $20 dollars less-it is Rhapsody compliant and works as easy as any Sansa product- drop and drag. The best part is this device has been bullet proof from day one. I don’t have time for reformatting, returning, or excuses…cut bait and move on to a quality product that does what it should…_ PLAY MUSIC _! Good Luck!