Can the Fuze do Line-in recording?

Kids these days ;)  

turning table must be like a large ‘lazy susan’

Us older folks who used ‘turn-tables’ to listed to ‘records’ cringe when we see/hear someone intentionally ‘scratching’ a record album to produce ‘music’… The very thought seems tantamount to intentionally hammering on your DVD player while watching a movie. You can do it, but why would you damage a DVD on purpose?

Message Edited by timn on 03-26-2010 04:38 PM

Am wondering how a scratched Lawrence Welk sounds.

This is the only turntable that was mentioned (by you timn as a matter of fact):

Ah, I miss my old Dual. :cry:

The square meal comment was just a play on the turn’ing’ mis-quote.

Geesh, it sure ruins a joke when you gotta explain it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 05:57 PM

My folks still have the Philco console stereo they bought together in the late 1960s.  It’s excellent as a hallway table, as it is about two feet deep, and almost six feet wide, a handsomely finished cabinet, with the equipment accessible from a tilt-up middle section.

The turntable, spring mounted, was a marvel of industrial design.  It’s a changer type, with its tall center spindle, but most notable is the ceramic cartridge tonearm, a single chrome j-arm with a black tip, reminiscent of the Concorde, or the Ortofon cartridges (LM10/20) of the 1980s.

Not one single driver in the sextet of speakers has needed a new spider or cone work since they were built, that’s amazing.

There’s something absurdly cool about a stereo with genuine chrome controls.  The tie to Philco is interesting, as my dad was among the thousands of pocket-protector-clad engineers in the Space Race back then.

Sorry, reminiscing.  That Dual got me thinking.  On the topic at hand, have you been successful in loading a CD with Windows Media Player?

You’ll find that, once you brave the initial experience, you can transfer the whole CD collection quite rapidly, it’s addictive.  In fact, it’s no more complicated in use than remembering to pull the LPs in sequence for the changer.  The coolest boxed sets had the sides mastered in order to play them on a changer.  For example, a 5-LP set was mastered 1/10, 2/9, 3/8… so you could load the stack, then flip only once.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@timn wrote:

And I remember back in '76 when I had

• a reciever
  • a turntable
  • an external equalizer (I still have it)
  • a 7" reel-to-reel deck
  • a cassette deck
  • 2 giant speakers (5-way with 15" woofers)

but thats off topic :smileyvery-happy:

What, no 8-track?! I admit, I’m jealous of the equalizer.

My parents had (still have) an 8-track recorder, and the bootleg Queen album recorded from a borrowed record to go with it.