Сache retained after a reboot?

ok, i didnt know that, but its still pointless if it doesnt hold the cache but startin on 0 when i reboot …

Hi,

I have the same problem. everytime I reboot the PC the cache is zero after startup. This isn’t how it is meant to be, is it?
Any suggestions how to the tackle this problem?

Thanks

what version are you using? they was suppose to be a fix for issues like this in the latest release. 

I am using the latest version 1.1.0

I am not  100% sure, but if I recall correctly I haven’t had  the issue with the previous release. However I am not able to find the older version anywhere?

Anything new anybody?

I have similar problem and I have been contacting Support for 2 weeks now and no solution yet (except suggestion to change RAID drivers from RST 11.6 to 11.2, though I have Windows 8 and those drivers were for Win 7 max - after this change I could not run Windows and had to refresh it).
Did you find any solution?

Maybe it is related to specific system specification - I have older system, where I upgraded from Vista 32 to Win 8 Pro 64-bit. However it meets sys requirements for the Readycache.
Details: Windows 8 pro 64-bit, Processor: Q6600, Motherboard: IPIBL-LB (Benicia-GL8E) - chipsets: Intel G33 Express, ICH9R, HDD: 500GB HD501LJ SAT (3 partitions), SATA2, 4*1GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
I have rather standard applications, e.g. Avast antivir, Steam, K-Lite Codec Pack 9.7.5, Firefox, ExpressCache 1.1.0…

I did not notice any improvements in boot time and when I run ExpressCache application just after restart I see that cache is 0,07 GB or a little more, however during computer usage it raises to few GBs, sometimes during only few minutes.
I tried changing from RAID controller to AHCI, ExpressCache reinstallation, update of different drivers, no change.

In SMART attributes from SSD Toolkit I saw there has been few hundred GBs written on the disk, in eccmd -info I see that after system start I have 0% Cache read percent, which raises to few % after some time.

In the dedicated folder for ExpressCache I saw that FDMap file once has name FDMap1.dat, other time FDMap2.dat. I saw in HFS.log file errors, where there occurs some error for which I did not find rule when happens (every log starts with computer boot):
[…]
02/21/13 07:48:04  –* new log started *–
02/21/13 22:34:01  –* new log started *–
02/22/13 07:58:08  –* new log started *–
02/22/13 17:40:27  –* new log started *–
!!! Error(Scan): Failed to Open FDMap File:  2(0x2)
!!! ErrorCode:  1168(0x490)
02/22/13 18:36:44  –* new log started *–
!!! Error(Scan): Failed to Open FDMap File:  1(0x1)
!!! Error(Scan): Failed to Open FDMap File:  1(0x1)
02/22/13 20:14:34  –* new log started *–
02/22/13 20:27:04  –* new log started *–

It looks like there was a virus identified tha can cause this issue. See the knowledgebase article below for more information.

ExpressCache Flushes after reboot

In my case (Message 26) it was not a virus.
After a MONTH when I did not receive any information about the progress of my ticket I replied to Customer Satisfaction Survey with negative response as there was no solution. Just after this reply I received information, that the problem was reproduced and Condusiv software provider has been contacted. However when I asked about the reason of this problem I received information the root cause is not known. I don’t even know which part of my configuration causes problems. I’ve now uninstalled the software as it was slowing down my computer and reboot (!) and it has already written about 600GBs, which were always deleted after the restart.
So now after a month and a week after I contacted support there is no solution, no information when and whether the problem will be solved and no other suggestions. Only polite thanks for my “continuous response and cooperation”…

Update to previous post.

After additional tests and verifications on my side it turned out, that the problem was partially in usage of shutdown shortcut (“shutdown /s /t 0”), I did not have virus mentioned in post 27. Since I use shutdown from standard Win8 menu, cache is not lost and computer started to boot faster, same some applications. However still the problem is, that when I use standard Restart button from Win8 menu, the cache is lost. The same when e.g. system hangs and I have to turn it off manually, what I think happens more often since SSD installation.

your post seems to contradict itself a bit. can you clarify?

@rulewicz wrote:

Update to previous post.

Since I use shutdown from standard Win8 menu, cache is not lost and computer started to boot faster,

However still the problem is, that when I use standard Restart button from Win8 menu, the cache is lost. 

I will try to clarify when cache is flushed (goes down to 70MBs) and when not, as my last message seemed contradicted. I have different system language version so names may be not exactly the same as in English one:

Shutdown from Win8 menu – GOOD, cache is not lost

Restart from Win8 menu – BAD, cache is lost

Sleep from Win8 menu – GOOD, cache is not lost

Shutdown.exe /s /t 0 from command line – BAD, cache is lost

Freeze – BAD, cache is lost.

The biggest problem now is, that since installation of ExpressCache software the computer started to freeze much more frequently (about once per hour, but sometimes even just after reboot, previously it was rare) and in random moments (in browser, in game, when not doing anything on it…). When it freezes, either the screen freezes and I can’t do anything, CTR+ALT+DEL does not work, or the screen blanks and computer starts booting as it was turned off.

I have updated drivers. I will perform next days some more experiments, including uninstallation of ExpressCache software, as last installation of ExpressCache was about 10 computer hours ago.

And the second problem is that I expect cache should not be lost for Restart, Shutdown  from CMD and freeze.

Shut down and restart should not loose your cache provided you have nothing on your computer that is altering the data on the HDD. Freezing could cause the cache to be out of sync and EC software will invalidate the cache and flush it. Basically anytime the EC software sees that the cache is not in sync with the HDD the cache is made invalid and flushed. This is done to to ensure data in the cache is in sync with data on the HDD. 

I spent more time during last weekend checking it and I am pretty sure that when I use standard Restart button from Windows 8 menu, computer is restarted without visual errors, however it takes much time (even more when I did not use SSD, close to 2 minutes) and when Windows is working I check cache with eccmd -info and there is only over 70MBs of cache and 0% of cache used. When I used Shutdown button cache was not lost and computer started promptly (about 20s from pressing power button).
During the weekend it was much better with freezing - only once - I reinstalled some drivers and it looks better. So I can’t confirm now that usage of SSD is correlated to computer freezing.

So the problem with lost cache for Restart still remains.

Hello, I have exactly the same problem.
1 of 3 startup this cache entirely empty.

my config:

Asus P6T-se
core i7 920
9GB ram
windows 7 64 ultimate

ps: I’m talking via google translator.

hello, now every time I restart the windows button via the cache is deleted.

plz help: (

I am having the same problem. The cache is cleared after every restart or shutdown. This not only doesn’t speed up my system - it even slows down the boot process significantly.

I spent all evening yesterday trying different versions of Express Cache (1.1.0 and 1.2.0), different AHCI drivers for my Intel Chipset, Installed/Uninstalled several times - no change. The cache is filling up nicely during each windows session, but unfortunately, ExpressCache “decides” after ever reboot that it was “damaged” and starts again from zero. Maybe a workaround could be to insert some hidden parameter into the registry to circumvent this oversensitive check - if this was implemented by Diskkeeper at all. Either way, I don’t think we will find out.

So far, I have two suspicions (although I don’t see any reason why Express Cache shouldn’t work under these conditions):

• I have a multi-boot environment with Windows XP, 2x Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 Server on one 2TB Harddrive, although the caching is only used/intended for my main Windows 7 installation

• I am using Acronis True Image 2010 on the affected Windows installation

So I would be interested, if anyone else with this problem also has True Image (or something similar) installed or has a dual-boot setup. I don’t even expect a real solution and think that this Express Cache software is just faulty and will always be.

If my chipset would support it, I would have used Intel’s Smart Response Technology instead, but unfortunately, my mainboard has a P67 chipset, so I would be dependend on third-party software (and I have to use the exact mainboard model for certain reasons).

I guess I will wait until I can afford a big system SSD and then bite the bullet and try moving one Win 7 install onto a >=256GB SSD. Of course, it won’t be from SanDisk - just on principle. :smiley:

I reinstall windows ultimate 64, put all the pilots days and continues cache it resets at every reboot or stop.

asus p6t-se

no raid

Express Cache 1.2.0

Hello, the possible and practical response by sandisk result cache that disappears?

something else now boot windows freeze on the logo, and during the freeze no hard disk activity.

Same problem here. ExpressCache flushes the cached data every 2-3 reboots. Same problem with Windows 7 and Windows 8.

I’m using the latest software version but this clearly doen’t help. I don’t know what to do (already swapped cables and sata ports, even format my HDD) and I think I have lost my money with Sandisk.

In regards to the issue stated by users in this tread I would like to describe my case in which I experienced similar problem: Expresscache (EC) Clearing/Flushing. After one thing has been changed (in my case) the EC started to work properly. Bottom line is that in My case (see below) having primary partition System (100 MB) and C, and avoiding creating more primary partitions (making only Logical drives) on 1GB HDD has resolved EC issue. I am the owner of Samsung Series 7 730Z3C notebook which includes 8 GB of iSSD internal storage (in device manager SanDisk i SSD P4 8 GB). The computer has 1 GB HDD as well. In Win7 home premium SP1 I have experienced (EC) flushing after reboot or shut-down of my computer. However, after recovering from sleep or hibernate everything was OK. I would like to point out the fact that HDD had 5 partitions: 1 - 100 MB System (Primary partition), 2- Disk C 120GB (windows) (Primary partition) 330GB, 3- Disk D (Primary partition) 450 GB, 4-Disk E (Logical drive) and 5- Recovery partition. After tedious trials to get the system working properly by re-imaging the drive C using Acronis I ended up restoring factory preset using Samsung recovery solution and Recovery partition. I seem to elucidate the problem of EC and replicate it on my system. Initially, when HDD had only disk C (apart from 100MB System and Recovery partition) the EC was working properly! When I added one more volume - D and made it primary partition and then split it to get one more Volume (E) logical partition the EC problem started. After restoring recovery partition one more time I created 2 Logical drives (D and E) without making one more Primary partition, and EC started to work again properly! The windows installation in this case was “out of the box” (I used Recovery function). After this Success, I restored one of the images of disk C and System disk (100mb) made before with full set of programs and win. updates installed on disk C (this Windows image had before EC flushing after restart). What a surprise, I got EC working normally (without flushing) on this old windows image in the case when disks D and E are Logical drives. Best regards, hope this helps